New Baby....

I just found out I was pregnant lastnight. YAY. I plan on telling my mother and MIL (who is going to be here on Friday from GA) on Mothers Day. Thought that would be special. Here is my question. My daughter is 4 and has some issues with growing up. She tells me she wants to stay the same size she is now forever. I know this news is going to be hard on her, I could be wrong but how do I go about making it easier. My SIL is expecting in August and I showed my daughter all the baby stuff and she loved it, but that was for someone else. I am really excited and want to tell her, I wanted to tell her lastnight, but I just want to do it right. My daughter and I are really close we never argue and I talk to her like I would talk to anyone else. I would love to talk to her about this and I think she would make the best big sister ever, but how do I get her to think that way to?

Savymom25

Asked by Savymom25 at 10:07 AM on May. 6, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• make it special for her too. maybe tell her on mother's day with a big sister tshirt. this way she doesn't feel left out. good luck. and congrats on the new addition
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 10:31 AM on May. 6, 2010

• Try to involve her in EVERYTHING! especially when the baby is born. I love the idea of making shirts that say Big Sister on them!! And I plan to do that with my DD when we have our second. When you go shopping for baby stuff.. if she's with you.. make sure to get something specially for her (ice cream or something). It's prolly good to be around babies with her a little more.. just so she's not shocked that babies cry (a lot). I'm sure that she'll be fine and having another child will just make you too even closer. Grats Momma :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on May. 6, 2010

• Thanks. I will plan to make it special just for her. : )
    Savymom25

Answer by Savymom25 at 11:17 AM on May. 6, 2010

• For my daughter we let her help pick clothes for her sister and help decorate her lil sis' side of the room. We also got her big sister gifts for when her sister got here. Like a baby doll with diapers and clothes so she can take care of her baby too. We also got her a present "from" her little sister the day she was born. That all really helped. Good Luck!
    MizAnn

Answer by MizAnn at 10:40 PM on May. 8, 2010