Is this what Martin Luther King wanted?

Al Sharpton says MLK diidn't dream of putting one black man in the Whitehouse but to make everyone equal in every way.

I don't remember it that way. Wasn't it more like equality for all to have the chance to prosper and make the most of their lives?
Would MLK approve of what's going on these days?

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 10:13 AM on May. 6, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I think he would be shocked and saddened that his cause has been used as a tool to hurt the very people he was fighting for the equality of.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:26 AM on May. 6, 2010

• I don't know, but considering MLK was a conservative I doubt he would approve of a lot of things that are going on these days.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:20 AM on May. 6, 2010

• I'm black, first off, and I think MLK would be horrified by America today. Not to mention he completely disagreed with Obama's politics.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on May. 6, 2010

• Well I don't think he would agree with anything going on these days but I'm sure he would have loved to see a part black man in the white house. You are right OP he wanted the equality for everyone to be abl;e to do whatever they wanted to do.
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 10:23 AM on May. 6, 2010

• How would anyone possibly know what MLK would think about Obama or about today's political world? It is all a big guess. Lets just be nice.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:50 AM on May. 6, 2010

• Yes it is a guess,but from all that I have learned of MLK my guess is going to be a big NO
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:06 AM on May. 6, 2010

• Well gertie, could it be because of his famous speech? He told us what he wanted, what he was for.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:32 AM on May. 7, 2010