Does "no bashing" mean nothing now?

There was a question asked earlier, and it specifically said "no bashing" and yet, people are still saying stuff like "you're snobby", "you're a hoe" and just overall being mean. Why? What could possibly make you want to call people things like that, especially if you don't know them? She wanted honest advice, but some people couldn't help themselves...

AirForceWife14

Asked by AirForceWife14 at 10:40 AM on May. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Airforce-
    I saw the question you are talking about and honestly, the OP was as hostile as anyone else. This did not seem to be a case where anyone was ganging up on OP. She opened the door, started to get nasty with responders and it went from there. I agree that calling someone a hoe is not a good thing, but sometimes its more of a matter of "dishing it out but not being able to take it".
    I think you are probably one of those people that are a peace-maker and hate to see anyone upset (which is a good thing)but if you re-read that whole thread, I think you might see there was enough mud flying back and forth between OP and others and it was not a one sided bashing but more of a brawl...
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 12:25 PM on May. 6, 2010

• well I think when you say " No bashing" ...it usualy means its controversal (sp) ...and is something people are going to have strong opinions about ....and also it draws the bashers lol...
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 10:42 AM on May. 6, 2010

• Its sad really.. I posted a question in 3 different area's this morning because I am clueless on what to do and not sure that everyone checks ALL the area's on here and here I am in tears not knowing what to do and all I get is Why are you posting this everywhere, you spelled words wrong etc.. I really don't know where everyone looks on CM - I know once my child turned toddler, I stopped checking the 0-12 babies groups... I don't know.. I don't know who to ask or where else to turn except to a MOM site to get advice and most times I get nothing but Rude comments...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:48 AM on May. 6, 2010

• Because there is usually someone on here that likes to hide behind the Anon button just to be rude, mean and downright horrid. This is one of the reasons why I was off CM for almost a year and now that I'm back, I'm seriously debating on leaving for good.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:50 AM on May. 6, 2010

• Because "no bashing" usually means "I know I am wrong but I don't want anyone to disagree."
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on May. 6, 2010

• It isn't exactly fair to do that but it also isn't exactly fair to expect people to not "bash." Besides, what is the definition if bashing? To me it means unnecessary meanness.
    Sara.Robyson

Answer by Sara.Robyson at 10:54 AM on May. 6, 2010

• Yeah Sara...being treated with dignity and respect is a fantasy on CM
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:56 AM on May. 6, 2010

• "No bashing" never meant anything in the first place except the OP only accepts yes answers.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on May. 6, 2010

• I'm not going to kiss someone's butt and tell them they are right if they're acting like an idiot or like trash. If they don't want to hear that, they shouldn't be posting on a public forum.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on May. 6, 2010

• Anon 10:48 you will find more answers and less drama if you join a group.
    Anonymous