zoloft

I was just prescribed zoloft. How does it work for you? Do you take it day or night?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on May. 6, 2010 in Health

• My daughter takes it and she takes it each night at bedtime because it can make you drowsy. It has worked the best for her. She has an anxiety disorder that caused some depression. You don't have to worry about withdrawl symptoms if you go off of this one. Each medication like that works differently on each person, but it did wonders for our daughter.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on May. 6, 2010

• Thank you :)
    anyone else?
    Anonymous

• I take it and it works pretty well for me. I take 200mg at night (it makes me tired) but if I forget or run out or something, the next day I feel like HELL. On a lower dose I was okay missing a dose. But missing 200mg is no fun. So, depending on your dosage, be careful about forgetting or running out. Good luck!
    vanna_k

Answer by vanna_k at 1:05 PM on May. 6, 2010

• I take a 50 mg zoloft at night. It's just enough to curb my anxiety/depression.
    Anonymous

• You will have withdrawals from any SSRI. If you stop, do it gradually. Believe me, I have been on all of them: Paxil, Prozac, Effexor, and Zoloft. ALL of them gave me WD symptoms if I did not take it at the same time or once I stopped.
    Anonymous

• Your doctor should have indicated the time of day for you to use Zoloft. Some take it during the day because it can cause insomnia. One of the main concerns are the Zoloft birth defects that babies are at risk. Babies are seen with heart or lung problems when they are born.

AngelenaMays

Answer by AngelenaMays at 9:09 AM on Feb. 15, 2012