potty training advice

My daughter is 20 months old, and has been wearing underwear full-time for a couple of months now. Dry all night, dry every nap. If we are in the car and she needs to go potty, she says so. If I put her on the potty before and after each sleep and then about every 1.5-2 hrs, then she has no accidents at all. The only issue is that she does not take herself to the potty or tell me she needs to go on her own when we're at home. I've tried just letting her have the accidents, but it just doesn't seem to make a difference. I do small rewards and lots of praise and I even wash her off in the bath if she wets her pants, but none of those things get her to tell me she needs to go. It's really no trouble to help her to be accident-free, it's not like I have to nag her constantly or anything. But about 6 wks ago she WAS telling me every time. She had a whole week of no accidents and we only took her if she asked. What would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on May. 6, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Keep being supportive and do not get mad when she has accidents.
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 2:52 PM on May. 6, 2010