Do you want honest answers or someone to make you feel better about yourself?

When I ask a question here, I am looking for honest answers. Yes, I may get bashed, but sometimes I need that. Sometimes it takes someone else's opinion to open my eyes. The other night I posted a question about being happy. The answers I got, I needed to read. It made me realize how stupid I was being. I give honest answers, I expect them back. Is that what you are looking for when you post a question, or to someone who is going to coddle you and make you feel better about yourself?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on May. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Definitely honest, truthful answers...the thing I hate about forums like this is you may get an answer that to you sounds really bitchy & mean, but to someone else (such as the person that wrote the answer) she didn't mean it in that way at all. It's difficult to know just exactly what or how something is REALLY being said...I hate that about texting, too...someone may look as though they really don't care through what/how they text, but in person, they're very caring & want to help, etc.
    So the bitchy comments, sometimes may be all in the way it's read....however, I agree with someone else that said it's much nicer to say "That's not quite how I would do it" instead of "Man, you're so stupid, get a life!! That's not how it's done!"
    mama_of5

Answer by mama_of5 at 11:35 AM on May. 6, 2010

• It takes maturity to be able to find the truth in criticism.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on May. 6, 2010

• Just in my opinion...there's a nice way of saying stuff and there's a mean way. I'm open to "constructive" critism, but not "destructive" critism. You don't have to baby me, but you shouldn't cut me open and spill my guts...lol :)
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 11:21 AM on May. 6, 2010

• Heck yeah I want an honest answer. Why ask a question if you don't want someone to tell you the truth. I think sometimes people can be a little to mean on here but other than that yes an honest answer is what I want. : )
    Savymom25

Answer by Savymom25 at 11:21 AM on May. 6, 2010

• i have never posted a question on here, but when i ask someone a question, i want an honest answer. my philosophy for my friends is "if you don't want the truth from me, don't ask the question", and i expect the same honesty from them.
    inkydorei

Answer by inkydorei at 11:21 AM on May. 6, 2010

• I definately want the honest answeres however there is NO reason for some of the women on here to be so mean and rude. Give an honest answer without the attitude.
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 11:22 AM on May. 6, 2010

• I want honest answers, but honesty can be gentle and supportive, unlike the way many women on this site like to give their honesty.....
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 11:24 AM on May. 6, 2010

• I would like an honest answer yes, but people don't have to bash when they're being honest. For example, you could say "I think you're going about it in the wrong way" not, "wow, you are so stupid, stuck up, etc."
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on May. 6, 2010

• I don't ask stupid questions because I know I'll get stupid answers. :-) Most people are looking for attention or looking for drama... not real answers. Those looking for real answers are grateful for the help of others and take them with stride.
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 11:25 AM on May. 6, 2010

• yeah, what gramsmom said.
    Anonymous