How would you take this ?

I was talking with my sis in law about putting my daughter on the depo shot, & she said she is going to gain alot of weight on it & she is already a little chunky, & I had told her I would rather her gain weight than get pregnant. & she told me that if she gains weight I won't have to worry about her having sex.. How would you take that? I got very aggravated with her about it, I thought it was just Rude & ignorant to say... Am I in the wrong for feeling that way?
Seriously how would you take that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on May. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• i didnt gain wieght on depo, i do think her comment was rude, for starters ok so shes not a model with an eating disorder! thank god huh? marilynn monroe one of the biggest and greatest known sex symbols was a size 14! we have put it in our own heads and the heads of our children the big cant be beautiful (not saying your dd is big but i think you see my point) and sorry wtf does she mean if she gains weight she wont get pregnant anyway, mmmmmmm i know plenty of VERY overwieght girls that have had sex, for starters some men like bigger women sounds to me like your sil needs to be smacked
    mommie2twogirls

Answer by mommie2twogirls at 2:20 PM on May. 6, 2010

• I think it is rude, but also I think that something like that is a personal choice for your daughter and I wouldn't share it with anyone else. (Just you, your daughter and her father/step father)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on May. 6, 2010

• Not everyone gains weight from it, fyi. I didn't. And I agree with the first reply, it's no one else's business but yours & your dd's. My question though - does your dd want to be on b/c or are you just trying to put her on it for your own peace of mind?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on May. 6, 2010

• um, actually i dont think its rude. i think she was being honest with you and theres really no "nice" way to say that. its probably true, she will gain weight from the depo shot, everyone i know did. but i think its great that your trying to get her on birth control, ive heard alot of bad things about the depo shot though. i think you should talk to your gyno more about other options. and if your daughter is already chunky, why dont you help her loose weight? start making whole wheat and lean protein dinners and go for walks together, have her join a sport. nobody likes being fat.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:56 AM on May. 6, 2010

• She is being put on it, because we have just found out she has been having sex,
    She also talked to her aunt about it as well, I would never say anything to anyone with out asking her first
    I just didnt know if I took it the wrong way & had a right to be upset over her saying this, or not
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on May. 6, 2010

• I already know that no one likes being fat, & I do cook healthy meals, shes just lazy.
    I was on depo & I never gained weight & just because people are bigger than some does NOT mean that people will not want them..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on May. 6, 2010

• I didn't gain weight on Depo.
    I think your sis was just joking- might have been a bad joke but she probably meant nothing by it.
    rain408

Answer by rain408 at 12:32 PM on May. 6, 2010

• I would have gotten mad too.I can't speak for everyone, but i think "FAT" people have sex too.Do what you gotta do.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 1:23 PM on May. 6, 2010