Students sent home over wearing American flag shirts? What country are we in?

http://news.yahoo.com/video/local-15749667/19585803

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on May. 6, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Are you kidding me, my kids would be be sent to school in an American flag shirt everyday after that, or not going back to that school ever again. Maybe they should have sent home the mexicans that were being so offended if they were afraid of fights. This is just down right rediculous.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on May. 6, 2010

• AMERICA BABY! There is a post on this here http://www.cafemom.com/answers/413063/Five_Morgan_Hill_students_sent_home_for_wearing_American_flag_T_shirts

In there is contact numbers for the school district and the school.I encourage ladies to call them.You may have to wait a while though.I called and the mailboxes are full.This mess needs to stop.

tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:43 AM on May. 6, 2010

• I can't watch the video, because I have HughesNet (my only option aside from dial-up) and I'll get punished for streaming a video, so....

Assuming you aren't misleading us, "WOW" is about all I have to say.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 11:45 AM on May. 6, 2010

• There is an article on this dusters at that other link
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:48 AM on May. 6, 2010

• Thanks, TN! That explained it much better. It's still worthy of a "WOW".
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 11:50 AM on May. 6, 2010

• Pretty sure they WERE out to make a statement. Whether or not they were out to start a fight is another story. It's ok to wear a flag shirt on any day you want, but to team up to start a fight is another story. It would have been like me to do something like this on my own, but not to cause problems for others. Which, at the same time, would piss me off if any freakin' Mexican got mad at me for making my own statement! The same as not freakin' wearing Christmas clothes to school. On Christmas, if you show up with a Chanukka shirt, or your best Gothic clothes, I'm not gonna get pissy and complain to send someone home.

Grow up. Both parties.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 11:52 AM on May. 6, 2010

• Apparently we're not in the land of the free, but we are THE HOME OF THE BRAVE!
    chelleybeans

Answer by chelleybeans at 12:01 PM on May. 6, 2010

• This is something that my husband would dress our children on that day ON PURPOSE! It is AMERICA!!!

And we have more important things to celebrate on the 5th of May... our son's birthday!! He was 3 yesterday!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 12:22 PM on May. 6, 2010

• ***again- at least one and I think it was 2 of the kids are of Mexican descent...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:29 PM on May. 6, 2010

• it was stupid and to make it wven more stupid, one of the boys was 1/2 mexican so it's not like he was trying to be racist
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 12:30 PM on May. 6, 2010