15 year old daughter having sex

I am freaking out, we just found out that mny 15 year old is having sex, she says it has only happened twice & with the same guy, her boyfriend..
I sat them both down & talked to them about everything, They were both virgins, & my husband went out bought them condoms, She is going to the gyno Monday,
am I doing everything I should be doing ? I dont know what else to do, I would so rather she would have waited, GRRR, I am aggravated & dissappointed & sad all at the same time....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on May. 6, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• i think you did the right thing by buying condoms, and making her an app for the gyno. while your there maybe you should speak about other birth controls too. i know 15 is young, but its not that young. in 3 years, she'll be an adult. i lost my virginity at 13, and i wasnt a slut, i didnt get pregnant at 16, and i dont have an STD. sex is a normal natural thing that people cant help but what to do, even teenagers. sure, in a perfect world we would all be virgins until were married but lets be realistic here. that doesnt happen that often. you really shouldnt be mad at her that she has a boyfriend and they cant help but want to have sex. hopefully her boyfriend is an alright guy. im sure its just hard for you to realize that shes growing up and thats normal im sure, but just calm down, dont break the trust with her. at least she told you. shes gonna be okay!! this is part of growing up.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:52 AM on May. 6, 2010

• make sure they know HOW to use the condoms... correctly, every time
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 11:44 AM on May. 6, 2010

• Just becasue they are all ready doing it doesn't mean you have to give them more opportunity though. I am with you on the birth control and trip to the gyno, but I wouldn't leave them home alone or let them sleep over at each others house. And I would enforce a curfew. (I know you didn't say that you would either, I'm just saying....)
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 11:44 AM on May. 6, 2010

• I'd be making sure they were never alone again.I'm not cool with being a granny to a teen's kid!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on May. 6, 2010

• If it's with her boyfriend... good for her. Just be glad she wasn't doing this at 13... she made it pretty far... when did you lose your virginity? IMO if parents don't want their kids having sex.. they should make a no boyfriend rule... I lost mine at 16 to my boyfriend begging every single day for three months... I held out three months..and I'm stubborn.
    You're doing everything right... try to get her on the pill or depo shot or something;... and then hope she doesn't get pregnant while on BC... good luck momma.. and you're still a good mom, btw, it's normal for teenagers to fall in love and have sex..
    Anonymous

• Well you may be upset and aggrivated but I think you are doing great... If you freak out and try to stop her that may drive her to be rebellious and do it more, and with other partners. Just help her make good decisions rather thatn trying to stop her. My mom tried to stop me by keeping me from my boyfriend, not allowing me to get on the pill and so on. I didn't have my mom to openly talk to and consult with and ended up not making the right choices and I got pregnant at 16....
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 11:45 AM on May. 6, 2010

• I would say you did the right thing up to the buying of condoms. She is too young to have sex and certainly should not be doing that while she lives at home. Yes, she has already done it, that does not mean it needs to continue. I'm sure after I post this several members are going to post that teens will just do it to rebel but that is giving up. A dedicated parent finds the right words and actions. Do the boy's parents know? If not, they should.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on May. 6, 2010

This exactly.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 11:46 AM on May. 6, 2010

• anon~I would say you did the right thing up to the buying of condoms. She is too young to have sex and certainly should not be doing that while she lives at home. Yes, she has already done it, that does not mean it needs to continue. I'm sure after I post this several members are going to post that teens will just do it to rebel but that is giving up. A dedicated parent finds the right words and actions. Do the boy's parents know? If not, they should.

It's not giving up it's protecting your child.....
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 11:48 AM on May. 6, 2010

• I am 18 and had my baby last Nov. my mom-who lives out of state-said she was tempted to buy the daddy, (my DH now) a big box of condoms for Christmas! ;)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on May. 6, 2010