Do you think its ok to nurse at the dinner table?

hi ladies I have 2 kids, both girls. My baby always wants to nurse right when I am ready to eat, Is that normal? Plus my DH thinks its a bad idea to nurse at the dinner table? what do you think? (BTW baby will not take a bottle, formula, or paci. Shes very stubborn) thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on May. 6, 2010 in General Parenting

• I think if you are home with only immediate family and everyone is eating then the baby should be able to eat too. No big deal.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:53 AM on May. 6, 2010

• I did it all the time.. as soon as we sat down to eat my baby started screaming for boob... DH would even feed me sometimes :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on May. 6, 2010

• I nursed both of mine at the table. I don't think its a big deal at all.
    laciD

Answer by laciD at 11:54 AM on May. 6, 2010

• Everyone else is eating, why shouldn't baby get to? I definitely did it, and at the restaurant, too (I just used a cover there).
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 11:58 AM on May. 6, 2010

• Of course it is...Why does your husband thinks it's not ok?
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 11:59 AM on May. 6, 2010

• Its dinner time & baby wants to be apart of the family dinner! If its just your Hubby & kids- I see nothing wrong with it!
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 12:00 PM on May. 6, 2010

• A baby's gotta eat too. I think it is completely normal to nurse at the table. I have 3 kids and nursed whenever and where ever baby needed to be fed - table, restaurant, mall, zoo, dsw shoes. To me baby's hunger wins over anyone else's discomfort. Just be discreet.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 12:01 PM on May. 6, 2010

• How else are you supposed to eat ? I think it is fine, nothing wrong with it and no different than everyone else eating.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 12:02 PM on May. 6, 2010

• I do it all the time :)
    YzmaRocks

Answer by YzmaRocks at 12:05 PM on May. 6, 2010

• I think it is perfectly acceptable.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 12:06 PM on May. 6, 2010