38 weeks, 2 cm dilated and 80% effaced...

I'm okay with our second son staying in there for as long as he needs to, but I'm wondering what other mom's experienced with this same situation and how quickly labor came on for you?

Julians_Momma

Asked by Julians_Momma at 11:52 AM on May. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I was 3cm dilated and 80% effaced at 38 weeks... 39 weeks I was same... 40 weeks I was 4cm dilated... 41.5 weeks.. I was induced. Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on May. 6, 2010

• I was up to 4 cm and 50% effaced for 4 weeks, and ended up going 9 days late with my second. I was 5 cm and 60% effaced for a week. So it really doesnt mean much, but my labor was quick because of it, I was pretty much already in the transition phase when I finally went into labor. So dont get too excited, but its different for everyone =)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on May. 6, 2010

• I was 4 cm at 36 weeks with my second pregnancy and made it to 39.. Dr sure was scared I wouldn't make it to the hospital LOL.. Long story but my first labor was 2 and 1/2 hours from start to finish...
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 11:58 AM on May. 6, 2010

• I was about where you were. I went 2 days over my EDD and I felt a contraction at 12:00noon and he was born at 7:01PM...But, they gave me Pitocin and broke my water. I guess the doctor wanted to speed my labor up beyond belief. No epidural though.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:02 PM on May. 6, 2010

• i can't really answer because i was hardly dilated or effaced at all at my 40 week appointment (like 40w3days), then i had my son a few days later :)
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 12:35 PM on May. 6, 2010