Am I able to have sex today?

Well I just got back from having a woman's exam (pap smear) and I feel fine but my dh is off today and now he wants me to bed him down...It's probably no big deal but I'd rather wait til tomorrow...lol I guess I feel since they go in there and take a scrape of your inside part it needs to heal..I know I am weird but it is a mind thing for me right now...but I really would like to please my honey...maybe tonight...lol
What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on May. 6, 2010 in Health

• I ALWAYS have sex the night after a pap because the day before your not suppose to (it can change the cells of your cervix and may give you a bad reading). It was like the fact that we couldn't made us want to more, so as soon as I was done, we were at it. lol! There is nothing you have to heal from as they just use a long q-tip and swab the opening of your cervix so they can examine the cells. It's the same idea as when you were younger and in science class they had you use a q-tip and swab the inside of your cheek so you could see the cells under a microscope. Doesn't hurt one bit and doesn't cause any sort of damage.
    things_not_sane

Answer by things_not_sane at 3:51 PM on May. 6, 2010

• If you feel comfortable enough to do it there is no reason you shouldn't!! Go for it...
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 11:55 AM on May. 6, 2010

• I had sex after my pap smear... didn't know I wasn't supposed to..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on May. 6, 2010

• After is fine, as long as YOU are okay with it. It's the 48 hours BEFORE that you're not supposed to have sex.
    Anonymous

• They don't do anything that requires healing... it is just a swab. You'll be fine- unless you don't want to. But physically, there is no reason that you can't.
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 12:39 PM on May. 6, 2010

• I thnk you'll be fine, but I have to just say I love the term "bed him down"
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 4:31 PM on May. 6, 2010