do you think our country is in trouble?

i think we have entered a very dark time in this country. Form the immigration issues,to the oil spill, to the corrupt politicians who always promise to make things right, but once elected they too often forget those promises. I have my own opinion on many matters. But as i sit back and read posts and listened to the news last night. i was turning my head back and forth to see what was going on. I got an eery feeling. and felt a little afraid for my family, and everyone else here. Instead of fighting with each other about issues we really have no control over or stirring up trouble, only adding fuel to the fire, i think we should all stop and pray for our country and our leaders. they need it right now more than ever. i think we should pray for the Lord to take hold of this country and have HIS will done with it. i fear what is going to happen to us if things carry on the way they are. thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:01 PM on May. 6, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Personally, I think our country is always in trouble, and I don't think it's always just because of one government or another. I think it's in trouble because PEOPLE are less and less decent and willing to do the right thing.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 12:02 PM on May. 6, 2010

• i agree 100% with you misses....i have seen that alot....and more and more everyday.
    Anonymous

• Yes, we are at a desperate point in our history I am afraid. The oil spill as sad as it is that it is destroying our environment, may end up destroying our country too. Some people now want to end all off shore oil drilling, and if they get there wish it is estimated that gas prices could rise up to about 10 dollars a gallon. This would kill our whole country, food prices would sore, everything would be so much more expensive, not to mention people like my husband who puts in satellites will have to quite because he wont be able to afford to work. Companies would have to drop people like crazy to keep up, others would have to quite bacause they wouldnt be able to afford to make it to work. With how unstable our country is right now that would lead to chaos. If this does happen then the government will be able to take control over every industry, and thus good bye freedom. Even if this doesnt happen, which I pray it
    Anonymous

• doesnt, there are so many other dangers there. We have socialists running our country ( I dont care what side of it your on look at the people on the presidents staff and you will know this is true) They want to turn our country into something it was never meant to be. We are supposed to be the country of the free, but I dont think this will last for much longer. Even our founding fathers knew this was inevitable, freedom doesnt last, people get in that want everything to be "fair" and win over the people with this concept, but no one in power is good enough to have this kind of power, they take advantage of it, you can see it over and over again throughout history. So if we dont loose our country one way we are going to loose it another. Our only hope is to be proactive, to try and give the states back their power, and add some balance again. We need to actually do what the 10th ammendment says, people need to stop
    Anonymous

• letting our officials get away with it. They work for us, lets fire them. Dont let them take away our rights, this is our country and its time we start fighting for it. The one hopefull thing I have seen is that many people that never cared before seem to be waking up and seeing what is going on, lets fight for our country people, lets take it back to what it was meant to be. That may mean that some sacrafices will need to be made, but we cant sustain our country the way it is, every family owes over a 100,000 dollars with what our deficit is, we need to stop spending, give power to the states, take away the power that the federal government has taken even though constitutional they are not allowed to have it. Everyone needs to wake up and fight. We will have to take care of eachother again instead of worrying about the government to do it.
    Anonymous

• Everyone needs to wake up and fight. We will have to take care of eachother again instead of worrying about the government to do it.
    ----
    So true! But people in general have forgotten what to do without someone to take care of them. I believe we are at a cross-roads right now. We need to move in the right direction now. If we don't, it's going to be bad times ahead, worse than we could imagine.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 2:12 PM on May. 6, 2010

• Yes. We are in trouble.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 3:42 PM on May. 6, 2010

• Yes.

I TRY to only worry minimally about it, because it is inevitable.

Prioritize.

The discerning don't have time or energy to cry over spilled milk.
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 3:49 PM on May. 6, 2010