would you spend the money to go to a doctor

I got bit 3 days ago on my hand it was only a little swollen and redness. Each day it does get better but there is still a stingy feeling now and then like I touched poison ivy, my husb says go to the doc but I don't want to spend the copay and drive over there with all the kids, what would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:07 PM on May. 6, 2010 in Health

• What bit you? I probably wouldn't go.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:09 PM on May. 6, 2010

• In all honesty, I would, only because it may be a spider bite [well im assuming you dont know what you were bit by) But your health is very important and Id rather be safe then sorry. But theres no way maybe a family member or close friend can keep the kids?

Anyways, Goodluck, hope your hand gets better :)
    colbysmommie95

Answer by colbysmommie95 at 12:10 PM on May. 6, 2010

• No way! I wouldn't. You're obviously getting better, so I wouldn't worry about it. You can try putting a charcoal poultice on it to take away the poison, but that's usually most effective right at the beginning. If you want to, though, go to a drugstore/healthsore,even walmart and get some charcoal capsules (not tablets). Empty the contents of a couple capsules and combine with some water or antibiotic ointment. Then put it over the spot with some gauze for a few hours. You can repeat it every few hours if you need to. Good luck!
    (from a nurse who avoids doctors!)
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:11 PM on May. 6, 2010

• Well if the co-pay wasn't that much then yes I would go. ..just so I could make sure it's not infected.
    yolandasix

Answer by yolandasix at 12:13 PM on May. 6, 2010

• i think the key is that it is getting better. i would not go, but it would take an emergency for me to go.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 12:50 PM on May. 6, 2010

• Ask for advice at a pharmacy.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 2:55 PM on May. 6, 2010