just having a rough day, well week

I am to the point of where i am about to bawl my eyes out.My soon to be 4 yr old son is acting out my 6 month old daughter is wanting to be held and fed 24/7 and i have loads of house chores to do.my son has done just about anything possible this week to get into trouble,he has pulled his baby sisters hair so hard that she fell backwards while he was trying to shove a bottle in her mouth,he trashed his room that you couldnt even see the floor,he burried his baby sister in toys,climbed the gate this morning and got into the kitchen while i was still asleep with my daughter,was slamming all the doors after i got him out of the kitchen and woke his sister,hes been back talking,screaming,throwing fits,and my dd i swear hates her brother,she doesnt like to be around him at all cause everytime she is he hurts her.like last night they was in the tub and he kept splashing her in the face and when she was on her back...more to follow

BUDDHASBABY1

Asked by BUDDHASBABY1 at 12:10 PM on May. 6, 2010 in General Parenting

• I think you need some alone time. I am guessing you are a SAHM which is a lot more difficult than most realize. When my kids start acting out I assess what has changed recently. It can be something as simple as eating dinner at a different time. Kids do not know how to get their emotions out in words. I imagine you would be shocked if he came to you and said "mom, we need sometime without baby sister. I am having a difficult time accepting that I no longer have all of your attention, so can we do something just the two of us?" I think he is having some jealousy issues with his baby sister. He doesn't understand babies are time consuming. I think life will be better for you if you can 1) get alone time 2) spend quality time with your son just the 2 of you.
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 2:39 PM on May. 6, 2010

• CONTINUED! he decided to get a really wet wash cloth and wring it out over her face and she started to choke.i was sitting right there next to them so please dont think i was away from them at all. he just seems to be so mean to her and does everything negative to get attention. and its so hard for me to give him positive attention when he does these things and it causes my dd to want to be held all the time.she will scream her head off till she looses her voice if i put her down.i have to put her in a sling in order to get anything done.and i hate to do that cause it takes a huge tole on my back.and what hurts even more is when my mom called this morning and my son decided to scream in the background hi grandma and continued to talk to her while she was talking, so i asked him to be quite i couldnt hear grandma,then he screamed that he wanted trail mix and he already had an orange,working on his second actually.more to contin
    BUDDHASBABY1

Answer by BUDDHASBABY1 at 12:16 PM on May. 6, 2010

• CONTINUED..(I did have this all written out but my darn laptop deleted it..)so i told him he needed to finish his orange then he could have trail mix.then my mom replies "your being so mean to him, you never pay attention to him, you should try please and thank you that always works out at our house"that just really added to the stress i mean my mom was not a perfect mother either and to have her say that was really hurtful.and i do use please and thank you most times.i just feel like this week has been a huge wreck for me.to top off my kids not letting me get anything done, i have a million house chores to do,and my husband is the old fashioned type that if you stay at home with the kids your job is taking care of the kids,meals,house chores and etc.so when he comes home to nothing done i get an ass chewing most times or i get the look of hes mad that he has to do stuff at home after a long day at work.MORE TO FOLLOW
    BUDDHASBABY1

Answer by BUDDHASBABY1 at 12:29 PM on May. 6, 2010

• CONTINUED...i love my husband dearly and he is a great provider and he does help with house chores it just seems like when i need his help the most he cant help and the days when i dont need or want his help he is doing everything.i feel like i need a week away from my kids, a week of just me and the husband.am i just over dramaing myself, do i need to have a glass of wine and do some yoga or something? i cant let my son play with toys watch tv or go outside cause he is grounded, so he is stuck in the house while i try to get things done.i just feel like i have way to damn much on my plate and the only thing my husband has to worry about is money(pretty much sumed up in a nutshell)
    BUDDHASBABY1

Answer by BUDDHASBABY1 at 12:32 PM on May. 6, 2010

• Ok sweetie calm down and remember boys will be boys. I have a much similar situation, what I do is "grandma & grandpa time".. I take my kids to visit with their grandparents. while the kids are visiting I run home and take care of the chores and get things done. Sometimes my sister will visit and play with my girls and I can clean. Now if you dont have family members near you theres this website www.care.com and they specialize in finding you a babysitter/housekeeper on short notices. They have complete background checks on everyone and displays personal info and experiences. No one is perfect and its very challenging to be a SAHM cuz its full of surprises, but everyone needs a little help now and then. Hope you feel better :D
    navajomama7

Answer by navajomama7 at 1:23 PM on May. 6, 2010