4 year old had his vaccines yesterday, the ones they get for preschool/kindergarten.... He can't walk right now?????

Should I be worried? Has anyone else had this happen? What did you do? Maybe his legs are just sore? I don't know.... : (

Skepticchick

Asked by Skepticchick at 12:11 PM on May. 6, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• call the dr. go to www.vaers.com and report this.
    i am no nurse or dr., but hopefully he has a sore muscle from the needle.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 12:13 PM on May. 6, 2010

• If my child wasn't walking, vax or not, I'd be on the phone with the doctor.
    JandAsMommy

Answer by JandAsMommy at 12:14 PM on May. 6, 2010

• OMG. TAKE HIM TO THE FREAKING DOCTOR! He could be having a reaction to the vaccines!!!
    Anonymous

• Not normal. Call the doctor.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:20 PM on May. 6, 2010

• Should you be worried that your 4-year-old isn't walking? Umm... YYYYYEEEEEESSSSSSS!
    As the first poster said, report it at vears.com
    Take your kid to the doctor and be prepared to be told it has nothing to do with the vaccines, it's just a coincidence. YOU DON"T HAVE TO BELIEVE THAT!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:22 PM on May. 6, 2010

• OMG! Please let us know what happens! God Bless!
    Anonymous

• I'm waiting on the clinic nurse to call me back right now. : ( I hope it's just a sore leg. Last night he called for me from his bed, asking me to take him to the bathroom because he couldn't go. I had to carry him to the bathroom. Today he refuses to try and walk. I tried to get him to stand and put weight on it but he wouldn't try he just stood on one leg. Both legs got shots... just one of them is acting up. the other isn't even sore to him.

Skepticchick

Answer by Skepticchick at 12:38 PM on May. 6, 2010

• Take him to the Dr!!! If they won't listen, then I'd take him to the ER. I know a man who had this happen and he spent months in an Iron Lung! This could be very serious....you're better to be safe than sorry....please let us know that everything's okay....
    TimandMely4ever

Answer by TimandMely4ever at 12:39 PM on May. 6, 2010

• Same thing happened to my daughter, my mom took her to the park so that way she can run a little and put some weight on it. Well at first she didn't want to but when my neaphew came she started to run. Well it helped and now she doesn't feel a thing. But every kid is different.
    Anonymous

• Thank you all for your replies. : )

So I just gave him a warm bath. Still in the same pain. He about screams if you barely touch it, no pressure.

I took him to the docs, they wanted to check him out. His reg. doctor wasn't in office today : ( So the doctor he met with looked at it, and said well he had the 2 shots in each leg. I don't know why one would hurt more than the other, and why one would hurt so much he couldn't walk. To ice it and give him Motrin.

Of course I'm following docs. orders. I'm just a tad worried because I don't understand why one hurts more than the other. : (
    Skepticchick

Answer by Skepticchick at 4:39 PM on May. 6, 2010