Maybe this will better explain/confirm about the new Arizona law?

Kris Kobach, law professor and former immigration and border security adviser to Attorney General John Ashcroft, helped craft Arizona's new immigration bill.

Here's what he has to say

clicky link below

tnmomofive

Asked by tnmomofive at 12:54 PM on May. 6, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 12:54 PM on May. 6, 2010

• Some of his words ..

“It has been a federal crime for aliens to fail to keep certain registration documents on their person,” Kobach said, adding that the Arizona law simply makes it illegal in Arizona to violate that federal law."

Which is what those of us in this forum have been saying..

tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 12:56 PM on May. 6, 2010

• shake handYup.

Anonymous

• Sure have, tnmomofive, do you live in AZ?
    chelleybeans

Answer by chelleybeans at 1:09 PM on May. 6, 2010

• No I do not live in Arizona but I am supportive.I would be supportive if TN (where I live now) and other states implemented the same.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 1:14 PM on May. 6, 2010

• Oh ok, I have seen you are a big supporter and I figured you lived here but the tn in yoru name made me wonder, LOL. I live in AZ and I support it beyond reason!
    chelleybeans

Answer by chelleybeans at 1:28 PM on May. 6, 2010

• My state (OH) is looking at implementing something similar. I didn't realize before this that we have a problem with illegals in my state.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 1:30 PM on May. 6, 2010

• “It has been a federal crime for aliens to fail to keep certain registration documents on their person,” Kobach said, adding that the Arizona law simply makes it illegal in Arizona to violate that federal law." Which is what those of us in this forum have been saying..

It has never been the position of LAW ENFORCEMENT to choose who looks like they MIGHT BE ILLEGAL and obtain documents. Which means ANY hispanic person can be HARASSED and JAILED if they dont carry ID

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 1:31 PM on May. 6, 2010

• Sweet please show where in the bill it says that because the way I read it was they have to be in legal contact with them first as in stopping them for speeding, running a redlight and so on.
    BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 1:38 PM on May. 6, 2010

• Again with the attempt to make this law look like what it is not.I am not going to go back and forth today.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 1:40 PM on May. 6, 2010