Has water, a free resource, been made into a commodity by bottling companies?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:54 PM on May. 6, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• No. It has to be bottled and shipped all over, that has to be paid for. You pay for water you use for your baths and showers too. Unless you have a private spring, your going to have to pay. I do have a friend who drives out to a spring to get her water free.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 1:05 PM on May. 6, 2010

• Yes the only free water is if you have a private well or there's a spring around your area.
    and if your town does not charge for water, let me know where you live, so I can move there...my city charges $30 a month for water and if you go beyond a certain amount it is 50 cents a gallon thereafter
    Anonymous

• They claim they purify the water and put it in a bottle that cost money to do. The water we drink is not free either we pay our utilities and that allows us to have water and the city to make the pipes that connect to our house to allow the water to flow from our faucets. We had to pay extra for a refrigerator that pours out purified cold water on top of paying our utilities so even if I never bought water from a bottle, I'd still be paying for it. A lot of things we think are free are not.

SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 2:15 PM on May. 6, 2010

• YES
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 3:37 PM on May. 6, 2010

• Absolutely. Most tests have shown it is no different than the water that comes out of the tap. I have really good well water, my well is about 150 ft down.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 5:26 PM on May. 6, 2010

• Take off the tinfoil hat and quit reading Dr. Mercola's newsletters.
    Anonymous

• Water is not free. You have to pay 25 cents at McDonalds in my town for a small water now.
    thisloveofmine

Answer by thisloveofmine at 9:00 PM on May. 6, 2010