Push presents, why do some people feel they are so wrong?

Yes, the baby is more than enough! I know a lot of women feel that a gift for what your body endures for 10 months PLUS L&D is silly, but I don't agree. I don't need a expensive jewelry or a trip around the world...but why the negativity on being recognized from your husband for the hard work you've put in to bring a baby into this world? For me it's not the gift, but the recognition from him! What are your thoughts?

Julians_Momma

Asked by Julians_Momma at 12:57 PM on May. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I have never heard of a "push present" before. But hey, what ever floats your boat! :)
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 1:03 PM on May. 6, 2010

• I never head of a push present either. I was just happy my husband was there to share the moment.
    Anonymous

• only present i got from my sperm donor, was him telling me to f off and him hanging up on me when i phoned him to tell him i had his baby....soo yaa trip around the world wouda been nice..LOL
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:09 PM on May. 6, 2010

• Best push present you can get, is a nap after the baby is born.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 1:10 PM on May. 6, 2010

• I never heard of one either.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:10 PM on May. 6, 2010

• If my husband put thought into getting me something, you wouldn't see me complaining! But I'm not hurt if he doesn't, either. :)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 1:17 PM on May. 6, 2010

• Only people who see this as "wrong" are those who wanted a push present and didn't get one! LOL. Is it necessary no, but is it nice. YES!
    Anonymous

• i've never heard of anyone having anything against it. it's not something we do, but i wouldn't have a problem if my husband got me a gift, or if someone i knew got a gift. ;)
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 1:49 PM on May. 6, 2010

• I think it's nice to get a little something to help commemorate the day your child(ren) was born.

Answer by missanc at 3:28 PM on May. 6, 2010

• My hubby gave me a charm bracelet with the letters "J" "A" and another "A" to represent Jordyn (me), Arthur (Hubby) and Anya (first born) and he's added a charm with each child. I've added little things as well, like a soccer ball because my daughter and son play. It was nice, I don't think it's necessary but it's sweet and for me it helped me deal emotionally...hubby made a point to "thank me" for giving him the best gift I could...our children.
    jcarvalho

Answer by jcarvalho at 4:21 PM on May. 6, 2010