Do Moms disagree with Dads on what are the things that a toddler should or shouldn't TOUCH?

My dh hates that I let my toddler touch my cellphone. He said that I'm spoiling him. There are some other things such as things inside the refrigerator are off limits according to my dh but I let my son once in a while to explore the fridge.
What about your toddler do you let him touch everything around the house?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:04 PM on May. 6, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My daughter's father and I disagree on the dogs. I let her pet them to show her how to be kind and gentle to animals. He hates it when I let her pet the dogs. I also let her push the buttons on the front of the TV and it drives him crazy because she now turns off the TV in the middle of your program.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 3:19 PM on May. 6, 2010

• i let my daughter touch anything, as long as it wasnt gonna hurt her...its a good way to teach them to be gentle with breakables..(like cellphones)
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:06 PM on May. 6, 2010

• This won't be the only thing you two will disagree about when it comes to your kids.As long as the child can't break it or hurt themself, I don't see what the big deal is to him.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 1:08 PM on May. 6, 2010

• Nope, we are good on all that... They aren't allowed to touch anything that could hurt them, easily break (that stuff we put away), or that costs more than $300 to replace... Otherwise, it's no big deal!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:18 PM on May. 6, 2010

• We're pretty much in agreement on things like that. The only time we have problems is when my husband leaves something of his out (like his PlayStation controller) that he doesn't want the kids getting ahold of. I got tired of picking up after him, so I finally started letting the kids play with it if he left it out as a way of teaching him that he needs to pick up his stuff if he doesn't want the kids messing with it.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 1:19 PM on May. 6, 2010

• I say if its not hurting anything, why not? I do not allow my baby in the fridge because we thaw raw meat in there and I worry he will get into it. (we put it on the bottom shelf in case it leaks it doesnt get on any other food) Is it truly spoiling a child to het them play with a cell?
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 2:51 PM on May. 6, 2010