If you can't have kids do you hate when you see people on here getting an abortion??

I am on birthcontrol right now and have one child and i want more i would just die if the doc said i couldn't have any so i was wondering what people who can't have kids feel when they see someone say they are going to have an abortion

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:05 PM on May. 6, 2010 in General Parenting

• I don't hate the person, but I do think they are making a mistake.I couldn't do it.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 1:06 PM on May. 6, 2010

• Usually I don't care. I found out I had PCOS after three years of trying to conceive. Into the forth year of trying my husbands sister told me she had an abortion a couple months before. I went home and cried. We would have adopted the baby in a split second.
    Anonymous

• Why would someone be on cafemom if they didnt have kids?
    Anonymous

• It doesn't affect me at all. Abortion is their choice. And as a woman who is in the middle of a SECOND unwanted pregnancy, I can more than understand some of their choices. I have done everything to prevent pregnancy, but eventually you have to stop telling the DH no... I can't take the pill or any other type of BC with hormones because of reactions I have had. I tried to get my tubes tied and the Hospitals in the area are all "Catholic" so they refused. We saved up to get him fixed and we had to spend the money to get him kidney surgery instead. We always use a condom as well as other measures and natural planning...

For me, abortion was a real choice... I wanted one. But there isn't anywhere that I could get one around here. And adoption isn't an option at all because my DH wouldn't sign for it. I tried that with the last two...

So I don't hate them or their choice. I understand it 100%!
    Anonymous

• Sure, it would hurt me and I'd probably be jealous of their ability to have children when I so desperately want to have my own, but that's just life.

It's like the argument moms use on their kids: "Eat your dinner - there are starving kids in Africa who would love to have that food." We can't help (I mean, directly at that moment, of course we can all donate money or whatever to underprivileged kids) that some kids don't get dinner. That doesn't change the fact that sometimes the kids with the food are just full.
    mickstinator

Answer by mickstinator at 1:25 PM on May. 6, 2010

The question was "If you can't have kids...". Just because you can't conceive doesn't mean that you cannot be a mother. There is adoption.
    Anonymous

• people ttc do come on here. I have three kids and I think if I could not have any yes I would be deeply bothered especially when some women don't just have 1 they have them over and over. I knew one girl who had like 4 or 5 and her son was my son age and she decided well I will have this one! I was like wow.....
    Anonymous

• Unless I was planning on offering to adopt that woman's unwanted baby, I don't feel it would be my place to harbor any direct resentment toward (or "hate") the woman. The feeling you describe has nothing to do with the abortion itself, it's just plain jealousy. Of course it's normal to feel jealous if you cannot have children and other women can. It's a separate issue from the abortion issue.
    Anonymous

• Personally, I became a mother against my will... What I can't understand, the people that always make my head spin, are those that are actually TTC! Why would anyone CHOOSE to have a baby? Beyond me! There are so many kids out there that have noone and nothing... If you really want a child, adopt, don't bring yet one more life in to the world...
    Anonymous

• Well then if they can adopt why would it make them upset what someone else chooses to do.
    If you don't like it, don't read about the topics where moms have had abortions.
    Some women need to talk about it, not keep it in the closet.
    I also understand that it could be difficult for a woman to read,especially if she is pro life and maybe having difficulty conceiving. But some women need to talk about the abortions that they have had. Its not an easy decision or an easy thing to do.
    Anonymous