my son keeps shoving his fingers down his throat and

making himself vomit! i do not know what to do, i have said no taken his hand out of his mouth, everything! he is 11 months old and now he does it at least once an hours! i am constantly changing him and his sheets every hour! i really need help because this is starting to really bug me!

joycegina

Asked by joycegina at 1:23 PM on May. 6, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Since you have tried saying no and taking his hand out of his mouth, my advice is to completely ignore it. Of course you have to clean it up but don't let him see a reaction from you. your reaction may be making it fun/exciting. Sometimes when a behavior like this gets attention it becomes more frequent and lasts longer. Try that for a few days.
    This must be so frustrating! Hang in there, it will stop and this is actually more common than you'd think!
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 5:05 PM on May. 6, 2010

• See a doctor!! That is very bad for his esophagus. He may have a stomach problem and is relieving it by vomiting. SEEK HELP.
    Anonymous

• My son does that when he is teething. I talked to our doctor and there was nothing she could do but did advise me on different ways to ease teething.
    Anonymous

• mittens?
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:30 PM on May. 6, 2010

• i'm guessing he just has an easy gag reflex over a serious problem. sorry
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:31 PM on May. 6, 2010

• he would take mittens off, he is teething but nothing helps. he never cries from teething tho. it is his back teeth coming in he has 12 teeth right now...
    joycegina

Answer by joycegina at 1:31 PM on May. 6, 2010

• thanks!
    joycegina

Answer by joycegina at 6:29 PM on May. 6, 2010