Immigration debate? Sorry

I was thinking, with all the controversy surrounding this, would you not think that those who are in authority would take EVERY precaution to make sure racial profiling DOES NOT happen? I would think there would be lawyers just waiting for someone to F@#% up, so they can sue. I would also think that if someone did F#@% up that they would be dealt with harshly. What are your thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:04 PM on May. 6, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• They are not racially profiling. Authorities need to have probable cause before stopping anyone.
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 2:09 PM on May. 6, 2010

• Arizona officials have said that anyone can sue those who have committed racial profiling.
    Energ8zr

Answer by Energ8zr at 2:14 PM on May. 6, 2010

• One thing that really does occur to me is that this is asking police to do ONE MORE THING...when they're already tasked with more than enough.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:20 PM on May. 6, 2010

• OP- I know they are not racial profiling, however many fear that will happen and it could happen. My point is that I am sure they will take every precaution before the approach someone who could be an illegal alien vs them just assuming and harassing someone. I am sure that there are lawyers just waiting to hear someone complain about it, so they can jump on it and see if they have a case.  That they would take every precaution so they can't be accused of racial profiling.

Anonymous