What do You think about this?

Letter from retired Navy Vet to President Obama:

Subject:
Do Your Job

To:
President Barack Obama
Rep. F. Allen Boyd
Sen. Bill Nelson
Sen. George LeMieux

November 20, 2009

Dear President Obama,
My name is Harold Estes, approaching 95 on December 13 of this year. People meeting me for the first time don't believe my age because I remain wrinkle free and pretty much mentally alert.
I enlisted in the U.S. Navy in 1934 and served proudly before, during and after WW II retiring as a Master Chief Bos'n Mate. Now I live in a "rest home" located on the western end of Pearl Harbor allowing me to keep alive the memories of 23 years of service to my country.
One of the benefits of my age, perhaps the only one, is to speak my mind, blunt and direct even to the head man.
So here goes.
I am amazed, angry and determined not to see my country die before I do but you seem hell bent not to gra

AprilDJC

Asked by AprilDJC at 2:11 PM on May. 6, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• My husband is a WW ll vet and he agrees with this and so do I. It makes us both mad when we see Obama over in other countries appolgising  when those country have graveyards full of our American soldiers who gave their lives to save them from Japan and Germany.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 4:05 PM on May. 6, 2010

• I can't figure out what country you are the president of. You fly around the world telling our friends and enemies despicable lies like: " We're no longer a Christian nation" " America is arrogant" - (Your wife even announced to the world,"America is mean-spirited. " Please tell her to try preaching that nonsense to 23 generations of our war dead buried all over the globe who died for no other reason than to free a whole lot of strangers from tyranny and hopelessness.)

AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:12 PM on May. 6, 2010

• I'd say shame on the both of you but I don't think you like America nor do I see an ounce of gratefulness in anything you do for the obvious gifts this country has given you. To be without shame or gratefulness is a dangerous thing for a man sitting in the White House.
    After 9/11 you said," America hasn't lived up to her ideals."
    Which ones did you mean? Was it the notion of personal liberty that 11,000 farmers and shopkeepers died for to win independence from the British ? Or maybe the ideal that no man should be a slave to another man that 500,000 men died for in the Civil War ? I hope you didn't mean the ideal 470,000 fathers, brothers,husbands,and a lot of fellas I knew personally died for in WWII, because we felt real strongly about not letting any nation push us around because we stand for freedom.
    AprilDJC

• I don't think you mean the ideal that says equality is better than discrimination. You know the one that a whole lot of white people understood when they helped to get you elected.
    Take a little advice from a very old geezer, young man. Shape up and start acting like an American.If you don't, I'll do what I can to see you get shipped out of that fancy rental on Pennsylvania Avenue .You were elected to lead not to bow, apologize and kiss the hands of murderers and corrupt leaders who still treat their people like slaves.
    And just who do you think you are telling the American people not to jump to conclusions and condemn that Muslim major who killed 13 of his fellow soldiers and wounded dozens more. You mean you don't want us to do what you did when that white cop used force to subdue that black college professor in Massachusetts who was putting up a fight ?
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:13 PM on May. 6, 2010

• I think this is spam that you probably got in an e-mail.
    Ziggy-Stardust

Answer by Ziggy-Stardust at 2:13 PM on May. 6, 2010

• You don't mind offending the police calling them stupid but you don't want us to offend Muslim fanatics by calling them what they are, terrorists.
    One more thing. I realize you never served in the military and never had to defend your country with your life but you're the Commander-in-Chief now, son. Do your job. When your battle-hardened field General asks you for 40,000 more troops to complete the mission, give them to him. But if you're not in this fight to win, then get out. The life of one American soldier is not worth the best political strategy you're thinking of.
    AprilDJC

• You could be our greatest president because you face the greatest challenge ever presented to any president. You're not going to restore American greatness by bringing back our bloated economy. That's not our greatest threat. Losing the heart and soul of who we are as Americans is our big fight now. And I sure as hell don't want to think my president is the enemy in this final battle.
    Sincerely,
    Harold B. Estes

McAlpin , FL
    AprilDJC

• AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:14 PM on May. 6, 2010

• It's NOT spam, confirmed on www.congress.org, confirmed by snopes, it's real.
    AprilDJC

• Besides the fact that this letter is already six months old and has made the rounds?

Free country, everyone gets to speak their mind and they don't need to wait till they're 93 to do it. This very forum is certainly proof of that.

Do I agree with everything the Master Chief has written? No. But I don't agree with everything President Obama has done either. Nor do I disagree in totality.

The day there is total agreement is the day we need to fear, because that means people have stopped thinking.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:16 PM on May. 6, 2010