How do you feel when moms complain about their infants wanting to be held all the time?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:23 PM on May. 6, 2010 in General Parenting

• all moms are built differently as are all babies. Some moms just can't handle a needy baby, it doesn't mean they love them any less. Some moms want to hold their babies more and their child doesn't want to be held. You should have sympathy.
    Vins_mom09

Answer by Vins_mom09 at 2:27 PM on May. 6, 2010

• I feel like maybe the mom is tired,or maybe she's just too lazy to do her job.
    Anonymous

• I dont think I feel either way. I know sometimes when my son gets really needy for me to hold him its always when I am really busy. He is only tired when he does it though so I sit with him a few minutes until he falls asleep and that makes whatever I was doing so much easier to finish.
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 2:25 PM on May. 6, 2010

• I empathize and understand they must be tired and need a break. At the same time I encourage them to cherish these days because soon their teen won't want to be hugged let alone held! LOL.
    Anonymous

• Depends.. my son had 14 hour a day colic and that can take a toll on someone's nerves after months and months.... but I also have a friend who said while in the hospital with her newborn #2 baby.. that she was spoiling him by holding him so much already.. I think that's ridiculous to think that way.. it never once crossed my mind that holding my son would spoil him as an infant though til CM.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:26 PM on May. 6, 2010

• I want to shake them and tell them to shut up. Its so annoying to hear mothers complain about having to "mother" their child. Its your job to hold them, they need it.
    laciD

Answer by laciD at 2:26 PM on May. 6, 2010

• I understand (holding my "high needs" baby in my lap as I write this). I think it's really unreasonable to act like a mom is a bad or lazy mom for wanting to put her kid down once in awhile so she can get something done. That's just kicking someone when she's down and it makes me really upset to see it happen on here so much. Poor moms!!!!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 2:26 PM on May. 6, 2010

• i understand the mom, because with my three year old that was my life 24/7 when he was a baby, i also feel thankful that that is no longer the case, i have a 6 month old that is fine rolling around all over the house.
    steph0411

Answer by steph0411 at 2:27 PM on May. 6, 2010

• And the same moms who say it's wrong to judge on other posts are the ones saying these moms are lazy and irresponsible. HELLO!
    Having said that, I also disagree with the ones who say "You've spoiled your kid by holding him too much!"
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 2:28 PM on May. 6, 2010

• I think they did that to themselves. I was a very hands on mom when my daughter was a baby but I didn't carry her around everywhere or hold her all the time. I used to prop her up on the couch next to me and play with her or put her on a blanket on the floor and play with her. I think moms that complain have no right considering they propbably picked up the baby the second they started crying. Too many moms don't know how to tell the different cries their kids have.
    hornz102485

Answer by hornz102485 at 2:28 PM on May. 6, 2010