Am I the only one?

I have heard it said, "Live and let live." But to me its the same as, "Die and let die." Am I the only one who thinks that they are one and the same? Blessings..

Daphna28

Asked by Daphna28 at 2:36 PM on May. 6, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I don't really see it as the same. "Live and let live", IMO simply means, live your life how you see fit. Be happy in it however you see fit, and allow others the same freedom.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 5:54 PM on May. 6, 2010

• live and let live means mind your own business
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 2:49 PM on May. 6, 2010

• Yes, you are the only one who thinks that way.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 2:52 PM on May. 6, 2010

• I'm just a little confused! Maybe that's just me. What do you mean by die and let die?
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 2:58 PM on May. 6, 2010

• Are you talking about Kavorkian. Becuase if you are I agree with him 100%.
    mommom2000

Answer by mommom2000 at 3:04 PM on May. 6, 2010

• Uh, the difference is you don't really have control over dieing or letting others die (I mean unless you kill them) and live and let live as TMJ said just means mind your own business. You have influence over other people's lives, things that you do can make things happen in theirs, nit so with death. So, no they aren't the same thing.
    Anonymous

• I was just referring to two different sayings that sounded a like to me and wanted to know if I was the only one who felt that way. I forgot who said the die and let die one, but I still think they hold the same message. Blessings..

Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 3:11 PM on May. 6, 2010

• I was just referring to two different sayings that sounded a like to me and wanted to know if I was the only one who felt that way. I forgot who said the die and let die one, but I still think they hold the same message. Blessings.

Well from my perception if you are just going off of meanings. I would have to say.
    Live and let live. Means mind your own business and don't insult others way of life.
    Die and let die would be more controlling or allowing death, which is just not the human way so I couldn't agree with it. If one of my kids would dying I would do every thing to prevent it.
    Now if you refer that to there religion of which they are when they die I say it's their choice leave it be.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 3:15 PM on May. 6, 2010

• I suppose it does in a way. Either way, it still means making your own choices and respecting the rights of others' to do likewise provided no harm is being done. What is that they say about how we start dying the moment we are born. In a way, every choice you make in life is about how you will die and the life you live until you do is all there is. (With, I suppose, a few fatal exceptions.)
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 3:21 PM on May. 6, 2010

• m2KnL, I agree with you on that one (your last response)
    Anonymous