What age did you stop using a baby monitor?

nsrush83

Asked by nsrush83 at 2:43 PM on May. 6, 2010 in General Parenting

• I am still using mine and he's 2-1/2 but he also stopped sleeping through the night at 2 and was put in a big boy bed so I feel once he starts sleeping all night again, I will stop. maybe lol!!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:47 PM on May. 6, 2010

• 3
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 2:44 PM on May. 6, 2010

• I stopped around 9 months, after DS started sleeping through the night. I am a light sleeper and my son is LOUD, so a monitor is not needed on the rare occasions that he wakes in the middle of the night. However, we use the monitor if we sit on our porch in the early evening and when the sitter is there we let her use it.
    Vins_mom09

Answer by Vins_mom09 at 2:54 PM on May. 6, 2010

• my youngest daughter is 3 & i wish i had one to hear when she gets out of bed because she makes a mess everyday
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 2:57 PM on May. 6, 2010

• I still use one with my 19 month old.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 3:20 PM on May. 6, 2010

• I never used one with any of my kids. Never owned one.
    Anonymous

• I don't use them. I can't sleep with hearing their every move.
    proud2Bmomma

Answer by proud2Bmomma at 3:16 PM on May. 7, 2010

• When he was put in a toddler bed. I never heard every little sound, and I couldn't hear him crying in the middle of the night w/o it because his room was so far away and my husband always has a box fan on. When he was put in a toddler bed I quit using it at night because he could just come into our room, but I still used it at nap time because I was on a different level than he was and I wanted to know if he was playing when he shouldn't have been.
    corbysmom531

Answer by corbysmom531 at 7:55 PM on May. 7, 2010