can we settle this? sahm vs. wm

im a new sahm. i just stopped working 1 ago & i have to say, its so much easier in some regards. i can get cleaning & clothes done when i want. i dont have 2 work all day then come home & do it. when i was working i never felt like i had enough time with my kids because i was tired from working & cranky from having to come home & do housework. that was the last hing i wanted 2 do. on the neg side though i dont get any time to myself, any free time away form my kids, which everyone needs from time to time. i think it is equally hard 4 sahm & wm for those reasons. each group needs to back off each other. each job has draw backs & positives. i heard someone say everyone has a choice to stay home or not & thats not true. some people dont have the money for 1 parent to be home. we didnt for awhile so it is not a choice for everyone, some moms have to work & they rnt less of moms cuz of it.

jamiethornton26

Asked by jamiethornton26 at 2:56 PM on May. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• OK??
    Anonymous

• I have done both and find SAHM more difficult but more rewarding. It doesn't matter in the end as long as things are getting done.
    Anonymous

• This debate has been going on since women's lib when a huge number of Moms entered the work force (before your time for sure if you are a "new SAHM") It can't be "settled" in one post... but nice try!

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 3:01 PM on May. 6, 2010

• I work but i am happy. Both are hard work. If you are home you usually have more dishes/cleaning to do cause you ar ein your house all day. I onthe other hand am only there for dinner so how i leave my house in th morning is how it is when i come home. Still a never ending battle but I get to do other things during the day and battle the house at night. You are right both have advantages and disadvantages..both are hard.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:03 PM on May. 6, 2010

• right i just dont understand why anyone would think less of a mom cuz she works or stays at home. i think that is stupid. and yeah veronica your right i know i wont. im just hoping to maybe open some moms eyes and see that both have good things about them and bad things.
    jamiethornton26

Answer by jamiethornton26 at 3:05 PM on May. 6, 2010

• I dont think there is anything to settle really. I am a wm, and if I could do it over again, I would do it different. But on the other hand, I am a single mom now, so its good that I kept my job, cause I dont know how I would have made ends meet all these years. The one thing that hits me sometimes in here, is how the sahm's can be so tough on each other. I have seen this over and over, where the gal posts that she is exhausted and she needs help from her hubby when he gets home. Sometimes I have seen gals read the riot act, I dont think thats fair, that b/c you stay home, your hubby doesnt have to lift a finger to help. Heck, one of the reasons Im a sm is b/c ex didnt help when we got home! Everybody gets to help,,,the home belongs to everyone in the family...
    Anonymous

• I think it arises from the attitude that some moms have (on either side) that they work harder and are a better mom. And that they fail to see that virtually every mom is trying to do what's best and provide the very best for their children. You do it by staying home; I do it by working. It doesn't mean either of us wants less for ourselves or for our kids. It's just a different approach.

lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 3:32 PM on May. 6, 2010

• I find it extremely funny that my friends and I don't sit and debate who is better yet names have been called and judgments made here on this online forum. Idiotic if you ask me.
    Anonymous

• I have been a WOHM a SAHM and I am currently a WAHM-- and there are pros/cons to each. I think moms should do what they feel is best for their family. I consider EVERY mom to be a working mom!!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 4:16 PM on May. 6, 2010

• OH GIVE THESE POST A REST! Who care which is harder or easier just do what you have to do and take care of your family! I don't care how just do it and get it done and quit complaining this side is easier that side is easier.....
    Anonymous