this is my 4th pregnancy...but this has never happened to me before?!

I have 4 kids already, 3 of which I gave birth to and one adopted. You'd think after 3 pregnancies I'd have all this stuff down but I just got really freaked out!

I'm about 10 weeks pregnant with twins and last night hubby and I did the deed and I felt fine after. Woke up this morning feeling really sick to my stomach and now I'm spotting! It's pink and when I wiped there was a tiny bit of red. I'm also cramping a bit, nothing horrible.

Is this okay? Or should I call my doc? I've heard of spotting during pregnancy before but it's never happened to me and it's worrisome since it happened following intercourse : (

jcarvalho

Asked by jcarvalho at 3:11 PM on May. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• If you are worried, you need to call you doctor ASAP! No questions asked. Just do it. Now. Go call.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 3:14 PM on May. 6, 2010

• I would call the doctor just to be sure.
    Spotting is an indication of implantation but like you said, this is your 4th pregnancy, you would know.
    Just call, they will proabbly have you come in and do an ultrasound to make sure everythign is okay.
    i spotting with my last and my doctor never took it lightly. I ended up having a low lying placenta which was causing th espotting, however as my uterus grew, the placents did move up. I still ended up on bedrest though.
    Good Luck.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:14 PM on May. 6, 2010

• Call the doctor and take it easy.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:14 PM on May. 6, 2010

• I spotted during the whole first trimester with my second. Not sure why, it just happened. In your case, it could be from sex; your cervix could've gotten bumped or something, very common.

The cramping is normal, too. Apparently orgasm can stimulate contractions. It happened to me during my second pregnancy, and I was freaking out, too, but it's normal.

Nothing to worry about unless you start bleeding like a period or having really bad cramps. If you're still worried anyway, though, you can always call the doctor. No harm in that.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 3:16 PM on May. 6, 2010

• Honestly, I think you're going to be okay. The doctor will say if you bleed through 1 pad in an hour then you probably miscarried, but I spotted both of my pregnancies and had very healthy babies! Get a good heart beat monitor (bit pricey but totally worth it) so you can hear their hearts:)
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 3:18 PM on May. 6, 2010

• I had spotting after intercourse with my son. ( first pregnancy) They had us hold off for a good month or so until I was further along. Call your Dr., but it should be fine.
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 4:14 PM on May. 6, 2010