If your loved one was dying...

Would you turn to another religious aspect of healing if there was even the smallest chance of saving them?
I know I would. I would do any thing that had even the smallest chance of saving my family, child. I would move heaven and hell to protect my children.
Would you?

ex.
If you are a Christian and you have tried every thing to save your dying child with no prevail. Would you be willing to resort to witch craft for healing?
If your an Atheist and nothing scientific is working would you try praying to god of which you believed false for so long, if there was even a chance?
Would a Catholic be willing to turn to paganism?
There are a million ex. bottom line is how far would you be willing to go to save the ones you love?
Would you go above and beyond to save your child?

hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 3:25 PM on May. 6, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• yes i turn to another religious aspect of healing if there was the smallest chance of saving someone i loved. i'd still use my witchcraft to try to heal them but i would also try anything that could heal them even if it came from a differnt religion. healing is healing to me. i lost someone i loved early this morning even before i ever got to meet him face to little face. he is in the Summerland now. i was working on a healing and protective charm for him and his mama. and now i will make a new healing charm for his mama. and if any other type of healing works for her i really dont care what religion its from be it from my witchcraft spells/healing blessings or christian prayers or lighting a candle for her or anyone else i loved i'd do it.
    flower_angel

Answer by flower_angel at 3:37 PM on May. 6, 2010

• sure. im not a close minded person
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 3:30 PM on May. 6, 2010

• Absolutely not.. GOd knows what is in store for all of us. Hey miracles happen but there are some things WORSE than death.. like pracitcing witchcraft if you are a christian! No, I would be very very sad and would want to do anything to save them but thats were modern medicine comes in, then if nothing could be done I would accept it. Death is a part of life
    Anonymous

• I'm pretty open to all ways of contacting the Divine. Being a Wiccan with a Christian background, I know that prayer works, Reiki works, spells work (simply enhanced prayer with ritual)... all of it works. It just depends on what you feel most comfortable with. but yes, I would try anything, since I'm pretty much an amalgam of a lot of different ideas/religions anyway.
    FemRising

Answer by FemRising at 3:33 PM on May. 6, 2010

• When I finally understood physical death, the fear of it left. If all remedies are exhausted, both scientific and natural, and still death is inevitable, I would not turn to a god concept. That, to me, is no more intelligent than a placebo.
    Allow

Answer by Allow at 3:36 PM on May. 6, 2010

• I am an atheist and no I wouldn't pray to god any more than I would write a letter to Santa asking for a cure for xmas. To me, they are the same.
    Anonymous

• My grandpa is dying of emphysema, and as a witness to the Messiah I went and witnessed this past Friday to him.I have full confidence that he is being healed right now. Blessings..

As far as resorting to any other mathods of heaing from different faiths I would have to say NEVER. Blessings...

Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 3:40 PM on May. 6, 2010

• No, I would be willing to try alternative medsand treatments, but not prayer to some unknown. I am firm and comfortable in my own belief and have no reason to doubt or question it, no different from any other devout practitioner.

ex. When my father was dying from cancer, we did everything medically possible as treatment and then to ease his suffering at the end. Never had  any desire to pray to a God of any religion other then my own Lady.

ex. When my son was small and was being treated for respiratory failure, the ER brought their Chaplin in because we didn't have a pastor (they asked if we did, then brought him with out telling us) we just told him his services were not necessary. He could pray all he wanted but we would not be participating with him.

emptynstr

Answer by emptynstr at 3:41 PM on May. 6, 2010

• Sure why not im not closed minded you know the more healing energy the better i say

Christine113

Answer by Christine113 at 3:45 PM on May. 6, 2010

• Only if the person dying asked it of me. I wouldnt push my way of doing things(cuz I do use crystals, herbs,etc)on someone who doesnt believe it will work or thats its evil,etc.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 3:48 PM on May. 6, 2010