Would you stay or change shifts?

I have been asked to step down form a Lead back to a Line Tech. I have worked verfy hardy for 3 years to get where i am at now. I understand that they have to do this becuase of business that was lost, but i am really upset. I am losing 1.00 an hour and i am also one working in my family.
Would you step doen on the shift that you work on or would request another shift?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:34 PM on May. 6, 2010 in Money & Work

• Well, the first question is whether there IS the option to get that position on another shift. If there IS, considering your position as the only wage earner...hell yes I'd ask for that slot. But if the position doesn't exist, OR if you're being bumped down for any reason OTHER than cutbacks (have you been given any poor evaluations?), your only other choice is to take what you've been given and look for a new job.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:49 PM on May. 6, 2010