How do I tell him?

My ex left two years ago. He just left, literally, I came home to an empty house and bank accounts. I spent a year and a half finding him and have filed for a divorce. He has put off the divorce time and time again. In the meantime, I met a wonderful man. We have only been dating since February and I have admittedly led him to believe that I am divorced - which I am not. Yes, it is wrong, but I didn't intend to get into an exclusive relationship and it happened unexpectedly.... I am feeling to guilt and I need to tell him the truth... but how? I am tied in knots.... any advice... please hold back the slaps as I already feel like scum.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:44 PM on May. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• Just tell him the truth. "I need to be honest with you about my marital status." Then tell him PRECISELY what you have written here.

Truth will set you free. If he's worth keeping, he will believe and understand. If he doesn't...he's not so wonderful after all.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:46 PM on May. 6, 2010

• I am so glad you where finally able to file for divorce from this jerk. If your new guy is as great as you make him sound then dont worry about telling him. Sit down with him and explain the situation to him. Show him the divorce papers you have files. Maybe he might have an idea or two to help you out! At the very least you could really use the support Im sure he will provide you with. He wants to be with you,,,,and he wants you to be divorced so you can move on with your life,,,,dont underscore this guy,,,give him a chance to be their for you. Any guy that would get up from the table and wak away,,,,isnt the guy for you to be with then. Good luck!
    Anonymous

• i think that you could tell him the situation as you did to us...it sounds like its your ex's fault and not yours. at least you TRYED for the divorce, who knows, maybe the divorcing part wont matter to him, he will just have to hold off till you get the divorce if you guys decide to marry
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 4:18 PM on May. 6, 2010

• You should not be dating at all until ir divorced! (My opinion) other than that you should tell him so he will respect you and decide.
    Anonymous

• Wow Anon 7:27.. you're a moron. If someone leaves you without a trace for two years.. you're just supposed to sit there and wait for them.. that's really dumb.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:36 AM on May. 7, 2010