Opposite of Racist?

My 16 year old sister in law is completely obssessed with any related to Mexican or Black people. It's to the point that she will try to act like a "thug" when around black people, etc. Now she's excited because she gets to babysit a neighbors baby this weekend. She probably won't get paid, and she'll probably watch her the whole night and all she cares about is the fact that she gets to watch a black baby. I have no problems with other races, so that isn't the problem. It's just really annoying. Her exact words were "I get to babysit _______ on Friday! You know....the black baby!" The only reason she's watching her is because she's black! Seriously if there is an opposite of racist, that's what my SIL is. At least the baby will be taken care of better, her mother is a POS and treats the baby like she's only there to get mommy attention.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:17 PM on May. 6, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Wow! I mean I think its great that she isnt racist, but I dont believe she should act different because shes around that race of people. My cousin does this, and its sooo annoying, and in all honeslty, she cant even pull it off, not even a little, LOL so its actually embarrasing! like she runs around calling my 20 month old n*gga ! NO NO NO ! this is not allowed. For 1, I dont want my son to repeat this, and for 2, I want him to see all people equally, reguardless of color, but Sorry to rant LOL. but I share thee annoyed feeling .
    colbysmommie95

Answer by colbysmommie95 at 4:22 PM on May. 6, 2010

• I have a 17 yr old dd and her best friends are black and hispanic. I love her high school,,,there is such a wonderful mix of every color under the rainbow. These kids have grown up together and are literally so much more embracing of other races and religions then any era I have ever seen.
    Anonymous

• Omg are you serious? Who cares, and what do you mean she tries to act like a thug when around black people? Think about what you just said. so only black people are thugs. wow lol.
    bellamommyof4

Answer by bellamommyof4 at 11:55 PM on May. 6, 2010

You are missing the point. Yes all races are thugs but she is pretending to be something she isn't to impress other races. She should be who she is and people will naturally love her. Obviously she is insecure and doesn't feel like she fits in anywhere so she is trying to find a place to fit in. It is not normal for a person to obsess about race in either a positive or negative way. Race should be a benign part of life, not an obsession. This is what is the problem that she is taking care of a child just because its black and works for free, thats not sane. No teen wants to work for free especially a hard job like babysitting. Obsession over anything isn't healthy. If she's obsessed with cereal that isn't healthy either.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:07 AM on May. 7, 2010

• Wow!!! and you guys aren't racist...smdh....you used the words...black, mexican...black baby...thug...probably won't get paid...hmmmm...smdh "again"....whenever I discuss my friends (I have a mixture of all different races) you'd never know their race until you saw their face...hmmmm "not racist" smdh again and wonder what you call it then...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 1:42 PM on May. 7, 2010

• thats another thing....lol you said she probably wont get paid??? hmm why is that. Your not racist at all? Better really think about what your saying. ;)
    bellamommyof4

Answer by bellamommyof4 at 4:31 PM on May. 7, 2010

• OP- i GET WHAT YOUR SAYING : I have a neighbor that does the same thing, he's chinese,but thinks he's Black,when he around them. Clearly he's not,but tries to act the same way,talks,dresses,acts and it is annoying. she should get paid for babysitting no matter the color of the baby, but I see what your saying-she doing this b/c of the color,and don't care b/c of the color. If the baby was white,I bet she would want to get paid.
    Anonymous

• Wow, people here are quick to call others racist. For saying that someone probably won't get paid? Maybe she won't get paid, maybe she is obsessed with black and Mexican folks, it's not racist to say what is going on. People get offended right quick.

To the OP: it's this "diversity and tolerance" thing, everyone (especially white people) has to love and worship minorities and respect everyone's heritage, unless your heritage happens to be european then it's racist to say ANYTHING. As a teenager, she might be slightly brainwashed by society at large and the onslaught of political correctness and antiwhite racism. Have you talked to her about HER OWN heritage, and what it means to be (whatever race you are)? I know a lot of white teenagers who are constantly presented with the image of minorities being cool and special while white people are dorks with no culture. It takes a toll on the mind, especially an impressionable kid.
    Anonymous