Does anyone know a good SAT course?

My son is now *that* age. Ugh. Stressed out. Just want to help him succeed! Thanks!

LydiaK

Asked by LydiaK at 4:19 PM on May. 6, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• idk really, I took the ACT. I think a REALLY good score is like 1500. I made a 30 on the ACT, and that's very very good. the average is like 19.
    AirForceWife14

Answer by AirForceWife14 at 4:22 PM on May. 6, 2010

• My daughter's high school has an excellent class that meets Saturday mornings. They have a separate set of session on the writing portion.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:31 PM on May. 6, 2010

• I have a 17 y/o daughter who just took a course with Knewton. The website is http://www.knewton.com. All online (no driving for me thank goodness) and much less expensive than the other places (couldn't afford 1000 plus bucks just to hear her complain about going to class on saturday). Plus there was a separate parent website for me to track the classes she went to and work she did.

My daughter really liked the teachers a lot, said they were very funny and smart. She just took the may sat and we should get her scores soon. She said they went really well though (fingers crossed!)

Good luck with your son, i know how stressful *that* age can be... :)
    Siobhand

Answer by Siobhand at 4:38 PM on May. 6, 2010

• Go to the college board website. There you can sign up for the classes in your area, order any and all SAT books and have a question of the day sent to your e-mail. My dd found it very helpful and we ordered a study guide with them and she got a 1750 the first time out! Good luck.
    wallmom1

Answer by wallmom1 at 5:29 PM on May. 6, 2010

• Sylvan Learning Centers has an amazing ACT/SAT course. You can also get books with practice tests at Barnes and Noble and other book stores. My son is going to a charter high school that preps the students from 9th grade until they take the SAT/ACT, it is in with Sylvan Learning Center.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:36 PM on May. 6, 2010

• Look at what your local HS offers.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:11 PM on May. 6, 2010