Anyone had two postivie pregnancy test and then go to have another done and it comes out negitive

I went to my local free clinc today to have another pregnancy test but it came out negitive, well in the past two weeks I have gotten two postivie home pregnancy test. The lines were very very very faint. So when I asked the lady why I gotten two postive test at home she replied in a very very rude way says those test were wrong and ours is right, then she goes on to say you will be starting your period Saturday. I was in tears, I have not had a period since March 8th. I am a regular person with my periods always being 28 to 33 days. I don't start to flip out if it is a day or two late. So my question is how common are false negitives to false postives? I have a problem producing the pregnancy hormone and I went on to tell her that and she looks at me and say oh well you are not pregnant. I was pissed at her. So I am going to talk to DH and see if we should go to the er. I had some very very light bleeding in April.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:44 PM on May. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yes, I had 4 positives at home and then a negative at the dr.s. I was also bleeding, my dr. told me I most likely had a miscarriage.
    Anonymous

• Ask them to give you a blood test to be for sure....that will be the only other alternative and those do not lie. Good luck!
    thismomrocks4

Answer by thismomrocks4 at 4:53 PM on May. 6, 2010

• you must have miscarried unknowingly. If it came out negative after two faint positives, the HCG must not have been very strong to begin with, but this happened to my best friend. Her doctor said that the baby didnt "stick". meaning attach to her wall and begin growing and developing.

But Im very sorry, and I hope things work out for you
    colbysmommie95

Answer by colbysmommie95 at 4:53 PM on May. 6, 2010

• Dont ignore it with just the one crazy lady's opinion. I would go to the ER or go to another clinic or even your health department and talk with someone else. Sounds like there is a problem. I am sorry if it is bad news.
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 4:54 PM on May. 6, 2010

• Sadly, I think the other ladies are right. Call your doctor and ask them to do a quantitative beta HCG and they'll test the level of pregnancy hormone in your body. Good luck to you sweetie. I had the same thing happen in January.
    Melissa823

Answer by Melissa823 at 5:01 PM on May. 6, 2010

• When I thaught I was pregnant I took 3 tests at home with all positives. My partners mom works in the hospital, and said that I should go to the clinic, and get another test done just to take shure. I went there, took the test, and the man looked at me and said no, its a negative. Your not pregnant.
    I looked at him, and said your kidding! I look 3 at home, all positives, and so he left the room, and came back to say... yah, okay you are pregnant!
    He said that the tests you take at home are more accurate then the ones they do there, and that it was so light for him that he didnt see it at first.
    I really dont understand people who work in clinic's... what if i believed him, and went on with my life, or even had drinks later.. they should really be more accurate with the work they do.
    Anonymous