*sigh* I don't want to start solids on my 6 month old ebf baby girl!

Is it supported sitter or fully unsupported when they start?

She's not sitting up by herself yet.

She is growing up too fast. :(

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 4:54 PM on May. 6, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• don't stress. You don't have to feed her solids yet. If she isn't showing any interest, and you are happily B-Feeding that's all she needs. If you put her on your lap, some signs of readiness from her are her watching every mouthful go into your mouth, like its the most fascinating thing ever or reaching out and trying to get your food, or to grab at the spoon or fork. She might open her mouth in time with you and mimic you. Otherwise enjoy this special time,. WELL DONE for giving your Bub a fantastic start to lifegood

myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 8:57 PM on May. 6, 2010

• If you don't want to start, you don't have to. Babies don't NEED solids til they're a year old - anything before then is just for practice, NOT for nutrition. If you're EBF, she's getting everything she needs - there is no reason to start solids yet. Just because it's the "norm" you don't have to follow it.
    Anonymous

• Then don't. It is totally fine to delay beginning solids even up to as much as 1 year old.

http://www.kellymom.com/nutrition/solids/delay-solids.html

http://www.drgreene.com/qa/when-can-babies-start-solids

http://www.kellymom.com/nutrition/solids/solids-when.html
    kynziesmom

Answer by kynziesmom at 4:57 PM on May. 6, 2010

• If you are not comfortable with starting her on solids, then don't. You can EBF for 1 year with out harm. But, if you do start solids, she should be fully supported, sitting in a high chair or bumbo chair.
    Vins_mom09

Answer by Vins_mom09 at 4:58 PM on May. 6, 2010

• I ebf my two kids until about 9 months. When I did start solids it was table food-cooked veggies and other soft food in small pieces. We never did jarred baby food. If you want to wait there is no reason not too. There is no reason to rush it.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 4:59 PM on May. 6, 2010

• Unsupported. And, if you're not comfortable starting yet, then don't. It's not NEEDED, but it is OK if you think she's ready after 6 mos.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 5:14 PM on May. 6, 2010

• I agree that you don't have to if you don't want to. i just started my 6 month old but that's cause I knew she was ready. not all of mine were at 6 months, some had no interest until 8 months, I always give it a shot and if they like it fine, if they don't we can wait, it's really no big deal.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 6:50 PM on May. 6, 2010

• I agree then don't. My son didn't get solids til 8 months when he wanted them.
    Natsnumberthree

Answer by Natsnumberthree at 7:16 PM on May. 6, 2010

• My dd was 10 months old before I gave her a cheerio. She had 4 teeth....eh whats the rush? Enjoy her mama!!
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 7:54 PM on May. 6, 2010