Step son calls me mommy

Me and my So have a 4 year old son. During a break up he got someone else pregnant. We got back together worked through things...Fastforward we have a 4 year old 3 yr old step son and 4 mnth old daughter. We have taken the mom to court since the baby was 9 mnths and we have him every Saturday! We also pick him up randomly when the grandparents allow. I guess cause he hears my son call me mommy all the time he repeats it when he wants my attention. I treat him well like my own when hes around. But everytime I correct and tell him my names nikki and he just looks at me. My SO thinks its cute but I dont want him calling me that because there is already bitterness from his mom towards us and itll just add fuel to the fire! And like I said you dont want your kids calling no one else daddy. He wont stop though what can I do? He only speaks spanish by the way which im slightly fluent in

NIKKIANDYBABY

Asked by NIKKIANDYBABY at 5:26 PM on May. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Maybe give him something similar to call you that is different from mommy, like Mama-Nikki...or something like that so he doesn't feel like he's doing anything wrong (kids that age don't really know any better) and you feel better about at the same time. And he has his own special name for you.
    Anonymous

• You seem more bitter about it! bad

Anonymous

• im not bitter about it at all...I love the kid...I hate the situation that led to him but I love him...but were in court litereally for everything she takes us back 24.7 and we take her back for more time every 6 mnths...So I dont want anymore problems!
    NIKKIANDYBABY

Answer by NIKKIANDYBABY at 5:33 PM on May. 6, 2010

• I don't see a problem with it. I see where you maybe worried about how his mom feels about this. Valid concern. If you're comfortable, talk to her about it. He's a baby he doesn't understand. You might be hurting his feelings by telling him not to call you mom. Maybe he feels like you're a mom to him. That in my eyes is a good thing. You can tell his mom, hey he's started to call me mom. I didn't ask him to do this, I don't want to cause tension. Does it bother you if he calls me mom? Can he call me mama nikki or would you prefer nikki all together? 

Good luck with it. Just keep the communication open with his birth mom. Try to leave the child out of it all together if possible. 

Anonymous

• Sorry my comment was a tad out of line maybe a lot out of line. sorry.. can't delete it. : (embarrassed

Anonymous

• I agree with the first anon. Give him a special name he can call you.
    Anonymous

• last anon...Thats the problem she wont have ANY communication with me or my SO he gos through everything with her father he basically makes all decisions. He has his phone number, he calls and asks him about the baby she refuses to have communication with him so me im way out of the question she hates him for not being with her, and hates me cause she doesnt want another women around her son thats why I know shell flip over it!
    Anonymous

• I accidently presses anon...and other anon its ok =>
    NIKKIANDYBABY

Answer by NIKKIANDYBABY at 5:40 PM on May. 6, 2010

• That'd be a very hard situation to handle. Courts n such. I agree see if he'll call you mama Nikki instead. If not... just tell his mom. I'm sorry, he's been calling me mom. I haven't told him to do this.

You're right it'll probably bother her. Not much you can do for that. You're doing a great job if he wants to call you mom! MAJOR thumbs up.
    Skepticchick

Answer by Skepticchick at 5:40 PM on May. 6, 2010

• I just want him to be happy and feel like a family with us...Because I know thats clearly what his moms trying not to do...We have had to fight battle after battle after battle for the last 2 years. So for him to feel close to me makes me happy. I just dont want any negativity or discipline for it when he gos home KWIM
    NIKKIANDYBABY

Answer by NIKKIANDYBABY at 5:43 PM on May. 6, 2010