has anyone gotten PID from the Mirena IUD?

how common is it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:29 PM on May. 6, 2010 in Health

• I have had my Mirena IUD for 2 years and no problems. No PID or anything.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 5:40 PM on May. 6, 2010

• It's very rare. that only heppens if BY CHANCE there is some kind of bacteria that gets in your uterus from insertion. Don't be nervous, i was nervous too when they put mine in. They said my blood pressure was through the roof. It's VERY rare, don't worry about it. They are very sanitary when they insert them.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:38 PM on May. 6, 2010

• what is PID? i had the mirena for about a year and a half and just had it removed
    Momma2beauties

Answer by Momma2beauties at 12:07 AM on May. 7, 2010

• I had Mirena put in 5 days ago and ended up in the Emergency Room today to have it removed after severe pain just about since insertion - they diagnosed PID which would have to be a direct result of the IUD since A) I had no STDs going in and B) did not have sex between insertion and now. I couldn't have sex even if I wanted to, I've been in severe pain since the day after placement. I understand it's rare but I am grateful I listened to my body (symptoms: EXTREME pain, doubled over and crying kind of pain) and went into the emergency room to get it pulled. Removal doesn't hurt at all, I was grateful to have it out. Pain in still there and I get 2 weeks of antibiotics for my trouble. Would never recommend Mirena to anyone but to each her own and for some it works wonders. Do your research before you let them do this to you is my only piece of advice.
    money_girl

Answer by money_girl at 1:16 AM on Aug. 9, 2010