do you clean your house to go away?

We're leaving tomorrow for the weekend.

dh's been bugging me about doing all this cleaning...

I've gotten all the laundry done, livingroom's clean, downstairs livingroom, playroom, office....

tomorrow plan on stripping all the beds and remaking them before we leave (kids are out of school at 3 and we're heading out right after that)

so, do you clean to go away?

hypermamaz

Asked by hypermamaz at 5:54 PM on May. 6, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Yes! The last thing I want to come home to after a vacation is a messy house and a bunch of chores!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:55 PM on May. 6, 2010

• I don't usually have the time to do much cleaning (I work full-time), but I will at least make sure the dishes are done, the trash is taken out, and there is nothing smelly in the fridge or the hamper.
    Anonymous

• agree 100% with lorikeet
    bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 5:58 PM on May. 6, 2010

• Yes. At the very least we take care of anything that would smell if left unattended.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 5:58 PM on May. 6, 2010

• it will be nice this time... our normal trips are camping trips - but this one we've rented a chalet in the mountains. so there won't be any of that gross camping stuff to clean out. lol

nice to know I'm not the only one!
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 5:59 PM on May. 6, 2010

• yes i clean before and after everything. right now i am recovering for surgery so my wife is taking care of everything and she is doing great. but usually i am a stay at home mom, so i take care of all of that. i hate coming home, or waking up to a mess. house must be clean before we leave or go to bed and several times in between.
    Preggydyke

Answer by Preggydyke at 6:07 PM on May. 6, 2010

• i think dh shouldn't bug you about cleaning!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 6:16 PM on May. 6, 2010

• lol staciandababy....he's giving me a hard time. I'll sit down and think of something else to be done - its almost like I'm nesting. lol
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 6:23 PM on May. 6, 2010

• I learned my lesson early on. One time I left beds unmade and the house looked lived in, not dirty per-say. We had a medical emergency when we were gone and needed someone to go into the house and get some needed information we left behind. Totally embarrassed! Its that one time you don't do it, it will come back to bite ya! Plus I agree, its nice to come home to a clean house.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 6:38 PM on May. 6, 2010

• I always clean the house before we leave for a trip. I hate comign home to a messy house and tons of laundry to. There is always laundry from the trip anyways. i also make sure all the trash is taken out. and i put a new air freshener in all the air freshene when we leave for our alaska trips.
    Stephie280

Answer by Stephie280 at 6:41 PM on May. 6, 2010