how do you??

make your food stamps last thru the month?? i need help budgeting!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:08 PM on May. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Look at your grocery list and see what is the most expensive. I don't use food stamps, but I try to shop very cheaply. I go to Winco where I can get rice and beans and other staples in bulk. I can get granola in bulk, too. I get my soy milk in bulk at costco. These things (rice, beans, potatoes) are a mainstay and very cheap. Keep a good supply of those on hand and then build your fresh fruits and veggies and meats on that (I'm not really a meat-eater, so no problem for me there).
    Also, see if your local bakery or grocery store gets rid of day-old bread free or discounted. A lot of them do. If you have a trader joe's nearby, I think they get rid of free stuff once a week. Find out if there is a church in your area with a food pantry in case things get tight. Good luck!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 6:58 PM on May. 6, 2010

• get a job
    Anonymous

• lol!
    Anonymous

• Get the most expensive things first like meats. You will more than likely have to get some things on your own, but go where the best deals are and use plenty of coupons. Im not on foodstamps but i use to be and i know how hard it can be.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 6:21 PM on May. 6, 2010

• hey ANON, why dont you eat shit? get over yourself. i hate people like you. you dont know me or my life. punk.
    Anonymous

• Dont let the ANON snob bug you!! SHe is obviously better than you j/k :) Unfortunately the food stamps are not meant to last the whole month, but are supposed to be supplemental. My only suggestion is dont go crazy in the first shopping trip and buy only the things you need at that time. Use coupons and buy whats on sale! Good luck!
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 6:32 PM on May. 6, 2010

• "get a job"

"lol!"

I don't have any advice for the person who asked the question, I just wanted to say how cute it is that you laughed at your own rude response. Believe it or not, not everyone who uses food stamps is jobless. We're lucky enough not to need them, but it doesn't mean I look down on those who do need them.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 6:32 PM on May. 6, 2010

• if you do not have advice why would you even put a comment? that is just as rude. this site is getting more nad more rude to other moms. i have not been on here for long but i will not be coming back. atleast not for a while.

i am sorry to the OP for all the rude comments. you are a good mom and dont let the other loosers get to you. i would try making a weekly budget. then just shopping for that time frame. save the rest for the other weeks. maybe that will help.
    msbean08 has good advice too. coupons clipping helps too. : ) good luck.
    Preggydyke

Answer by Preggydyke at 6:49 PM on May. 6, 2010

• "if you do not have advice why would you even put a comment? that is just as rude. this site is getting more nad more rude to other moms. i have not been on here for long but i will not be coming back. atleast not for a while."

Because I felt like sticking up for the girl who asked the question.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 7:38 PM on May. 6, 2010