what's wrong with prostitution?

i don't think prostitution should be illegal. it's a choice. it doesn't fit in with my personal moral standards, but why should my morallity dictate the lifestyles of others? so other than the obvious moral issues, what's the problem?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:25 PM on May. 6, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• they do it anyways, so why not tax it and make it legal?
    bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 6:37 PM on May. 6, 2010

• I agree as long as both parties are consenting adults. I think it should be legalized and taxed. Not to mention it would be safer for the prostitutes as well as the clients. It could be regulated and the women tested for disease's.
    laciD

Answer by laciD at 6:26 PM on May. 6, 2010

• I also think it should be legal as long as all parties are consenting adults and being safe.
    Ziggy-Stardust

Answer by Ziggy-Stardust at 6:29 PM on May. 6, 2010

• You open up one door and as innocent as it may seem, opens up a whole host of things you don't want. The Decay of society.
    Anonymous

• If we can legalized pot why not add this lol
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 6:30 PM on May. 6, 2010

• really anon :29? because as far as i know, Amsterdam is one of the most peaceful places in the world. they have legal prostitution and (gasp) pot!

Anonymous

• i could be wrong, but i thought that in some states, it is allowed, as long as the ladies get tested and have documentation. i believe that if they are going to be doing that kind of thing (which i do not agree with AT ALL) they should have to carry around paperwork to ensure that they have, indeed, been tested. as well, they should have to pay taxes on what they make... if we want it to be a real, legal job, then we need to realize that they shouldn't be able to not pay taxes.
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 6:32 PM on May. 6, 2010

• Isn't prostitution legal in some states?

Your body your choice, as far as I'm concerned.

Although with aging, the length of the career would be similar to that of a professional athlete. Unless old men are looking for their own peer group-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 6:32 PM on May. 6, 2010

• anon 31: yeeeh... not so much. amsterdam is amazingly dangerous.
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 6:33 PM on May. 6, 2010

• anon.. newsflash society is already decaying. Legalizing prostitution would  cull the industry of under aged/ drug addicted/ homeless/ diseased women/girls

laciD

Answer by laciD at 6:33 PM on May. 6, 2010