Did you have heartburn/acid reflux durning contractions?

I have random contractions all the time and get the worst acid reflux from them!! I sip water to help it but then sometimes its so bad i actually throw up. It sucks. Iv tryed every kind of tums zantac and whatever else my dr said was ok but nothing helps :(

I had this same thing with my daughter and was just like "whatever, she will have lots of hair atleast!"... Wrong! She was bold as a q-ball lol.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:33 PM on May. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I've never noticed it increase or decrease with those braxton hicks. I've just seen it increase as I've been getting bigger.

But yikes, I feel your pain - vomiting acid despite medication, it's horrible. My best comfort is knowing it likely won't last any longer than my pregnancy.
    Anonymous

• I'm first anon. Did your doctor ever have you try prevacid?

My doc is just switched me to that from omeprezol, and I'm just hoping it at least works a little better.
    Anonymous

• Tums actually make it worse, they overcompensate for the acid being produced and then your body overproduces acid, it's a vicious cycle!
    kenzsmama

Answer by kenzsmama at 12:19 AM on May. 7, 2010