Why so much hate between the white and black race?

Spin off from a few other posts from today.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:35 PM on May. 6, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• i would think it goes waaaaay back...
    steph0411

Answer by steph0411 at 6:38 PM on May. 6, 2010

• There are a handful of crazy loud black people and racist old white people that make it seem that way. I think the general way people think isn't in the mind set anymore.
    Anonymous

• ditto to anon.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 6:49 PM on May. 6, 2010

• To be honest I think the amount of hate really has decreased overall. Some issues are extremely polarizing and when the race card is played falsely (i.e. The Tea Party) it causes unnecessary division
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 6:53 PM on May. 6, 2010

• i don't think there is alot of hate like it use to be. i mean the each race doesn't trust the other thats for sure. and they definetly don't understand each other either but the hate has lowered alot at least
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 6:56 PM on May. 6, 2010

• "To be honest I think the amount of hate really has decreased overall. Some issues are extremely polarizing and when the race card is played falsely (i.e. The Tea Party) it causes unnecessary division"

So it comes down to the race card? That's very one sided of you.

Anonymous

• not what I said at all. I said falsely playing the race card causes unneccessary division. I never claimed that was the only cause of division. Way to leap to conclusions
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 7:24 PM on May. 6, 2010

• Whoa, anon 6:30 - who is the racist here? I'm old enough to remember hearing racial slurs coming from people of all races, and there was no shame. They thought there was nothing wrong with it. I was taught not to be prejudiced, but when my parents learned that I had a boyfriend with dark skin it was a big problem for them. I think we'd have to be living under a rock to think that racism is dead, but those of us that are a little older can see how things have changed and improved. We do have a long way to go, and hateful remarks from anyone will just perpetuate it. Many of us have grown up and realized that people are people. Scientists are sure now that humanity began in Africa, so it is likely that the first humans had dark skin to protect them from the sun's UV rays. The lighter skin was an adaptation when some moved away from the equator, so they could produce Vitamin D. The way we treat others is what matters.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 7:47 PM on May. 6, 2010

• Anon :30....people like are why racism lives on.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 7:48 PM on May. 6, 2010

• It's called RESENTMENT towards each other. Whites & blacks have a past together.

Most people don't even understand the resentment there & see no difference, but some still hold onto it....it's retarded.

It will all fade away over time. Slavery/segregation was really not that long ago....
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:50 PM on May. 6, 2010