Are you a Christian who is involved in church but your husband is not?

How do you deal with it? What other comments or issues do you want to share? This is my situation and I really just want to hear from people that can relate to it, or have dealt with it.
Thanks in advance!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:47 PM on May. 6, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Me. I pray a lot. I bought the two books "Power of a Praying Wife" and the companion book about how prayer can change your marriage. My oldest starts pre-k this August and we have agreed to put her in a Christian school. It is a huge blessing that all of our kids will go to a Christian school since my husband is not saved.

The issue is very complicated. You're welcome to friend me and message any time.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 6:51 PM on May. 6, 2010

• Well thats the way it has been for me since 2000 and now he is divorcing me.
    It wasnt easy, I tried to be respectful and all but it was hard. He left the church because he was hurt by christians.. so was I yet I chose to remain following God.
    How did I deal with it.. well I prayed a lot ! I never pestered him about going to church. It was his choice. He has since decided Christianity isn't for him. Again his choice.
    Not a whole lot you can do but pray and ask God to continue to minister to your heart and his and leave it at that.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 6:53 PM on May. 6, 2010

• I am and I find that I go less than I want to, read the bible less than I want and generally just don't get to live my life the way I want to. I find myself resentful and unhappy when I go to church because I chose someone that was not involved in church and even though my husband is nice and loving he doesn't base him life on the bible and it bothers me. I feel like I can't make it work if I'm really involved in church and in word all the time. However I do see a difference in him when I pray a lot and continue to do so. I don't know what to tell you besides it's really hard on me. Other than that everything is great my husband loves me, he's a great father, provider, is generally a good person just not religious at all.
    Anonymous

• Thank you ladies, its personal for me so that's why I posted anonymous and I appreciate both of you keeping yours unanonymous. I could really use the support. He grew up in church and will go with me sometimes and for his love of music he even took them up on the offer to play in the church band for about a year. He is an over all good man but I know is stuck in his way of believing, not another religion or unbelieving in anything, just that he cusses, I'm trying to stop he is not, I pray, he doesn't, I love him and we aren't fighting about it, he doesn't put me down for it but it still makes things so hard because he chooses to live differntly than I. Also I was supportive of his band and music before I was a saved christian, now I am still trying to be supportive when I don't approve of a lot of his lyrical choices.
    Anonymous

• I took so much time writing my last comment that the 3rd lady posted before I did. Thanks for answering and I understand why answering anonymous because I am too but I relate to you a lot and your post is almost exactly what I feel about my husband. Makes life so hard sometimes. Its good to have people to relate to.
    Anonymous

• My husband was at first, he threatened to leave and take our kids too, he then studied to prove I was wrong, Yeah, he found out that it was right, he Baptized in 1995, it's not blind faith in men as he thought, it's based on reason,logic and Bible truth....
    lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 7:51 PM on May. 6, 2010

• Yes, and I witness by my actions and deeds, which I need to polish up on with him, and being a submissive wife. LOL. Blessings...
    Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 8:16 PM on May. 6, 2010

---------------------

Wow Lisarose, that's incredible so glad he tried to prove you wrong. My dh is not very religious but he doesnt stop me or the kids from studying and he decided to study but he tries to avoid the study as best as he can, but he wont tell the brother not to come, i dont get it. But it can be a bit difficult especially when you want your kids to grow up a certain way. Just keep praying OP. I dont have my bible with me but theres a scripture that says something like wife how do you know that you will not save your husband. so keep enduring and Jehovah will bless your efforts.
    Anonymous

• Shaneagle777

Well thats the way it has been for me since 2000 and now he is divorcing me.
    ~~~~

That really sucks what he's doing, Shan, I'm sorry. My situation was just the opposite of yours, but I'm all too familiar with the concept in general.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 2:51 AM on May. 7, 2010

• No but I am a Christian married to an Atheist. The beginning was hard, but now it's not an issue. He goes to church with me if I really want to. He stands by me and respects every religious choice I make, the same as I do with him. It's just love if you love each other enough you can make it work. One of the issues we come across every now and then is my family. I am not pushy or preachy they are though. DH and I have healthy religious debates and we talk about religion and each other beleifs or why he doesn't, but I can't and don't want to force him into my faith it wouldn't be true for him he would just be doing it for me. However my family is always saying they wont give up hope and every time we talk about it they try forcing him into. So that is our one and only issue when it comes to religion.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 11:20 AM on May. 7, 2010