PA following AZ?

What do you think about PA trying to adopt AZ's law? You support it or not? You going to contact your representatives about it? Wasn't it bad enough that they cut down on migrants last year so bad that in some parts fruit rotted on trees?

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/billinfo/bill_history.cfm?syear=2009&sind=0&body=H&type=B&bn=2479

http://www.fox43.com/news/wpmt-amnews-metcalfe-immigration-reform,0,3534912.story

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:48 PM on May. 6, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Anonymous

• Everyone should be as bold as AZ. If you don't live in the south west you have no idea how bad it is. Our boarders mean nothing and the drug and human trafficking is terrible. Not to mention the fact that it only takes one Mexican to ruin a neighborhood. They bring their whole families live in a tiny house, half of them are involved in illegal activity and before you know it the whole neighborhood is taken over. No one worth living next to will move in after they do because with them comes the crime. I personally know of a neighborhood with mostly seniors, Mexicans walked door to door threatening to kill and rob those seniors if they didn't move. Most of them were robbed before their kids stepped in and moved them. It's bad news and if it was happening in your backyard you would want to do something about it.
    Anonymous

• "it only takes one Mexican to ruin a neighborhood."

people like you should not be able to voice their opinions....
    Anonymous

• Not to mention the fact that it only takes one Mexican to ruin a neighborhood. They bring their whole families live in a tiny house, half of them are involved in illegal activity and before you know it the whole neighborhood is taken over.

Seriously, I'd rather live in a neighborhood filled with illegal immigrants rather than next to someone with an attitude like yours. Yes, I do live in a border state brimming with people from many different cultures and countries.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 7:10 PM on May. 6, 2010

• Err anonymous 'it only takes one Mexican to ruin a neighborhood'?? come on now that was nasty and wrong.

OP I say more power to PA and I hope more and more states jump on board.This is federal law implemented at the state level this isn't some whole new set of rules/law..just states mirroring the federal law on the books and saying the state will implement the law.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 7:15 PM on May. 6, 2010

• "Wasn't it bad enough that they cut down on migrants last year so bad that in some parts fruit rotted on trees?"

exactly....Oklahoma passed a similar law in 2007..it HURT their economy so bad that they no longer enforce it.....i have said several times since this debate started that there should be something with in the bills that give illegal immigrants that are otherwise in good legal standing a way to pay off their debt of crossing illegally and let them try to obtain citizenship. they are hard workers and while yes there are bad along with the good. but there is bad along with the good in americans.
    sweetestkitten

Answer by sweetestkitten at 7:18 PM on May. 6, 2010

• There are way more Americans out of work now than several years ago.
    Anonymous

• dont give me that argument....only a few americans want to do those jobs...or would if that was the only option.....if you are one of those who would or know someone that would good for you...i am one of those who currently work one of "those" jobs.
    sweetestkitten

Answer by sweetestkitten at 7:25 PM on May. 6, 2010

• And people wonder why those who are support AZ are being called racist. Anon..it's a free country but I'd take some of the illegals over people with opinions like that.
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 7:40 PM on May. 6, 2010

• I hate it. I can't believe it. I can't wait for the AZ law to be overturned since it violates federal law. I can't believe people actually buy into this crap. They are so willing to give up their constitutional rights to 'protect' themselves and this country but if you tried to take away their guns they would throw a hissy fit. Why is one constitutional right more important than another? We should be fighting to keep all of our constitutional rights, not just some of them. You better believe that I will be contacting my representative if this bill actually takes off.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 7:41 PM on May. 6, 2010