Does your current significant other let your kids watch things that you dont approve of?

I never voiced to him what kind of shows I was okay and not okay with before the fact because he always had them watching pbs, ect so I never thought it would be an issue. And he has respected the fact that I've asked him not to watch certain types of shows but the damage is already done in my opinion.
Anyone else dealing or dealt with this??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:52 PM on May. 6, 2010 in General Parenting

• No. He's as careful as I am about our son.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 7:17 PM on May. 6, 2010

• meh........he lets him watch movies w/ some cussing and boob shots. i don't like it but it doesn't bug me to no end. my son is about to be 6
    _mimimosley_

Answer by _mimimosley_ at 7:24 PM on May. 6, 2010

• No - my husband and I agree that kids should not be exposed to adult material, whether that's cussing, violence, etc. until they are much older. Even now that my kids are 8 and 10 I screen all PG movies before they seen them (unless they are Disney/Pixar - although it still bugs me that they'll throw in that one cuss word in the movie, why do they have to do that?!?)

Answer by missanc at 7:37 PM on May. 6, 2010

• I would rather my child hear those things like cuss words,etc while they are around me, than at school or on the school bus... That way I could explain to my child that they are not allowed to say those words, and they are not nice words.etc
    kathynej7142007

Answer by kathynej7142007 at 10:28 PM on May. 6, 2010

• I agree with kathynej. We screen what they watch but we are not super strict like it has to be PG. Kinda take it movie by movie and I rather them be around this stuff so I can expalin things than to shield them from everything. We agree for the most part though
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:37 AM on May. 7, 2010

• Question asker here :)
    The shows in question are the movie Batman (no clue which one, not into those), one saturday morning he put it on and there is shooting and blood and stuff. But they had already seen it before several times when I was at work and they were home with Daddy, he watches with them and yes they know what is good and what is not good, taught by us, the 2nd one is South Park, i do not like it myself, I was very upset finding out that they saw this show with him, he definitely is not letting them watch that any more.
    To Kathy and Anon 1:37, what do you two think of those?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:15 AM on May. 7, 2010