i just want a break

from life.. from my child.. school.. responsibilities.. people.. therapy.. pressure.

everything. i feel very suicidal right now. i cant wait til DS goes to bed so i can drink. even if its just a little 8 oz can of light beer, just something. i'm tempting to just drink it right now b/c it doesnt affect me THAT much (i'm 240lbs), but that'd just be another reason to add onto my list of "Why I'm A Shitty Mother"

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:59 PM on May. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• Wow !!! Sounds like you need a break !!!! Have a glass of wine to calm your nerves !!!!! You are probably not a bad Mom !!! Just having a bad day !!!
    Anonymous

• Talk 2 someone sweetie!!!
    lendales_mommi

Answer by lendales_mommi at 7:04 PM on May. 6, 2010

• Being overwhelmed is never a good reason for your kids to lose their mother, and your family to lose a loved one! I would definately TAKE A BREAK! Tell your husband/family that you need a break for your sanity and theirs...and go see a different therapist, and take some time for yourself. Having a beer sometimes might help, and that doesnt make you a bad mother. Hang in there! Remember that only you can make yourself happy :) So start doing it
    Anonymous

• i already go to therapy- 2x a week! about my depression, anxiety and parenting "issues" (she calls them issues- i say problems.. but she looks on teh positives of everything, i look on the negatives). i just left my last therapy for the week 7 hours ago- and when i left, i was fine. but now- i'm not. :-(

i've been crying on and off since 2 (2 hours after my appt). and no one here really cares about me/DS. i mean, they care, but not enough to give me a break or anything. i mean, even a simple shower- i dont take DS with me, since he's 4 now, but as soon as i get out, I get yelled at for whatever he did- i mean, he's 4! he's gonna want to watch his cartoons or play a little loud in the livingroom.

i feel like my walls are tumbling in.
    Anonymous

• Hugs to you! I had a 1-hour break today while DH took the baby and let me get out of the house, and it was amazing how much better I felt when I came back! Is it possible for you to get some little breaks now and then? The problem with alcohol, as you have probably found out, is that you feel WORSE when you come back to real life afterwords. For me, the same is true for tv. I'm much more rejuvenated by a walk in the park, and then I don't feel guilty, either. Would your hubby take over here and there, maybe just an hour a week while you take a walk? Drink lots of water, too, that helps. Hang in there!!!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 7:12 PM on May. 6, 2010

• Oh wow, been there, felt like that before. Just make baby step changes to see if that lets some of the pressure off. Any change, even if it's in schedules or getting out and walking around the block. Just make something different happen. Movement helps depression. Even if you have to dance naked in the living room ....just do something to move around. I use laughter as my way of dealing now since I don't like beer. I'd literally dance naked and laugh at the absurd way my fat jiggles or how my breasts bounce off the floor and pop me in the eye....or whatever. Laughter works for me. (even when things are not really funny!)

Answer by admckenzie at 7:12 PM on May. 6, 2010

• Take a deep breath right now. Drink a beer right now if you have to (just one, please dont drink a lot, especially in your state) put your son in his room and have him play for a few minutes. Or even better before you let him play by himself go give him a really really big hug, this will be good for you as well as him. It sounds to me like you have a lot going on in your life, and that could be stressful to anyone, I am a stay at home mom, and just dropped out of college because it was too much, it made my life to stressful. Is there anyone you can call and just cry to, that helps me sometimes. Are you married?
    Anonymous

• If its warm outside take your ds right now, and go for a walk, it sounds like your home environment isnt that great either. Just take him and go outside. he will be happy, you will be happier, and the vitamin d is very good for lifting your mood. Even if you dont want to do it, just do it. It will make you feel better.
    Anonymous

• first do not wait for a break take one second get a copy of The Art of War helps with strategy. Third you did not make ds by yourself ask DH why he is yelling at you about a four year old playing while you shower. After you do all of this sit down and write a journal for everything and figure out what you need sit down and talk to your SO or DH and say you need a break it happens and too bad he should help. Its hard to be overwhelmed but even harder when your with someone. Maybe you need more aggressive therapy it can only help.

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:22 PM on May. 6, 2010

• Therapy is making you suicidal? Wow find a different therapist that helps you....that isn't right. I'm sorry you are struggling momma.... Depression sucks.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 10:43 PM on May. 6, 2010