is this not the same?

My dd and i were at a dollar store yesterday, my dd was looking at the sippy cups and picked one out. she then decided she would rather have a coloring book, so she pts the cup down,..about 3 minutes later an employee of the store came up to me and said "mam, your daughterhad her mouth on this cup and we cannot keep it in the store, you have to purchase it"...okay..now i didnt see her put the cup to her mouth but she's 3 it couldve happened, no doubt. i bought the cup but then i got to thinking,you sually wash the cup before you use it when you get home anyways, and is it not the same as buying sandals and trying them on barefoot? do you HAVE to buy them then? or try on clothes/swimsuit? do you have to buy them then?

am i wrong?

mywonderyears

Asked by mywonderyears at 7:10 PM on May. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• you're right
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 7:14 PM on May. 6, 2010

• your not allowed to try on bathing suits at a store. your not even really supposed to try on shoes without putting those little stocking socks they give you at the stores. anything with bodily fluids or fungus your not supposed to try on or use without buying.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 7:25 PM on May. 6, 2010

• You can try on bathing suits at a store, you should keep your underwear on and it has a protective liner in it for exactly that purpose. You should also wash a bathing suit before wearing it anyway.

But I agree with you, you should always wash something like a sippy cup before you use it.
    Ziggy-Stardust

Answer by Ziggy-Stardust at 7:28 PM on May. 6, 2010

• purpul,..okay, thats fine but people try on flip flops and sandals on all the time without socks, im sure you have too. and if you arent supposed to try on bathing suits then why do they have the tape inside the bottoms of the suit?
    mywonderyears

Answer by mywonderyears at 7:28 PM on May. 6, 2010

• I've never been to a store you couldn't try on swimsuits. How do they monitor to make sure kids don't put stuff in their mouths? I mean, I can see the point, but still, I can't imagine it being that big of a deal.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 7:35 PM on May. 6, 2010

• How do you know what size to buy a bathing suit if you don't try it on? I always have left my underwear on. Anyway, I'm thinking they only made you buy the cup because you were in a dollar store. All the dollar stores I've been in have weird rules.
    Anonymous

• You still shouldn't have had to pay for it.
    thisloveofmine

Answer by thisloveofmine at 9:02 PM on May. 6, 2010

• i didnt think i should've had to pay for it.i mean it's not like she damaged the cup right? it was still "sellable" most people wash the sippy's before use anyways.idk,..i didnt feel like arguing with the woman.
    mywonderyears

Answer by mywonderyears at 9:06 PM on May. 6, 2010

• You can try on batihing suits, your just supposed to keep your underware on, and not remove the little plastic thingy.If you werent, why would the fitting room people let you back with swimsuits? And as for shoes yeah you dont HAVE to have those footie things. I mean look at Target and Walmart, they dont even have those in there. Are we supposed to buy a box and carry it around?
    RheaF

Answer by RheaF at 9:35 PM on May. 6, 2010

• I could see if your DD had bitten the cup, other than that, I wouldnt have paid for it unless she wanted to push it and show video proof.
    RheaF

Answer by RheaF at 9:36 PM on May. 6, 2010