Cloth diapers vs disposables

I know everyone is saying to use cloth diapers because it is greener, but I live in the desert and we are in a drought. So what is better, using disposables, or using all the extra water for cloth?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:30 PM on May. 6, 2010 in General Parenting

• I used disposables with my oldest 2 I plan on cloth diapering if we have more children. It really has nothing to do with the environment, after research the crap that is in disposable diapers I decided I do not want to put that next to my child's skin.

laciD

Answer by laciD at 7:32 PM on May. 6, 2010

• Good question... I'm for disposables simply because having a baby is hard enough. I know I know "I'm selfish" blah blah blah... but they do make organic/chemical free diapers so I am looking into those. I give my kids breastmilk and organic food and all that, and dd has never had skin reactions so I've never really researched the side effects of using disposable diapers. To answer your question... I would GUESS that the washing of the diapers would be the lesser of the two environmental evils in this case, especially if you look for ways to save energy in other ways.
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 7:44 PM on May. 6, 2010

• I will use disposables when my son is born, for they are convenient. I don't feel like adding to the laundry. ::shrugs::

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 10:31 PM on May. 6, 2010