My son is 2 and still has runny poop!!!!

I have tried limiting juice but i have no idea what is causing it.Help please.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:41 PM on May. 6, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If you're giving him apple juice, that could be the culprit. Try and "monitor" what he drinks and what affect that has on him. He may also have a dairy intolerance. If you think it may be apple juice, switch to White Grape Juice (1/2 juice, 1/2 water)...it pretty much tastes the same, but isn't as harsh on the digestive system (less fiber!).
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:49 PM on May. 6, 2010

• B.R.A.T. Bananas, Rice, Apples, Toast
    Helps with tummy aches and runny stool:)
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 8:13 PM on May. 6, 2010

• Ever talk to the doctors? He could have a virus. My son had coronavirus. Now they labeled it as "toddler's diarrhea." Try teh BRAT diet though, it may help. And cut juice out completely, that will really help!
    chelleybeans

Answer by chelleybeans at 10:43 PM on May. 6, 2010

• You mean just recently or he has always had this ?

If this is chronic then I would looking into different causes. Parasaites, celiacs, food allergies etc...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:53 AM on May. 7, 2010

• Does he have a tooth coming in? My son gets runny poops when a tooth is coming in.
    bxbsmommy

Answer by bxbsmommy at 8:27 AM on May. 7, 2010

• If it's chronic, I suggest talking to your doctor about food allergies. My 2.5 year old has peanut butter poo...it's chronic (she very rarely has solid poo.) We think she has some lactose intolerance and we're working on getting her tested for food allergies. And stop the juice!
    Maddys_Mama

Answer by Maddys_Mama at 9:19 AM on May. 7, 2010

• My 2 and half year old still has mushy poop and the doctor said it was fine and normal. I have noticed that junk food will give him even more runny poop so I dont give him alot of junk. Chocolate anytyhing (including milk) gives both my kids runny poop.
    cudybug

Answer by cudybug at 9:56 AM on May. 7, 2010

• My dd didn't have a firm bowel movement until we took all dairy out of her diet. She was almost 3
    BitchCraft

Answer by BitchCraft at 10:02 AM on May. 7, 2010

• It may be a food allergy. that is a symptom. you can also try childrens probiotics.
    tomib

Answer by tomib at 10:40 AM on May. 7, 2010

• my son is 17 mos and almost always has a mushy diaper, but they are usually at the same time every day, so my doc sais this is normal for him as long as its not like diarea( lots of poop a day) and also if he poops on the potty or in the tub its kinda solid, so i think it might be if they sit on it after they poop in the diaper. this has always been this way and he only has like 3 oz juice daily but lots of water!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on May. 7, 2010